• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

East Texas 450

I will be monitoring this thread. Just got the Versys-X 300 all together. I am interested. I live in Humble, TX.

And, pulling Woody out.

I just watched this. That whole ordeal took about 25 minutes if I'm doing the math right. Did you have to go through that with the other bikes? How long did it take total to get everyone past it?

Test drove the bike this morning through some ditches and some back trails we have next to my neighborhood. Bike did well, so I am ready for whatever.

I just watched this. That whole ordeal took about 25 minutes if I'm doing the math right. Did you have to go through that with the other bikes? How long did it take total to get everyone past it?
So this is why I ended up installing the high fender after ripping off my old low highway fender in the Paris Tx ride this year. This pic is from Redneck Ramble Paris Tx June 2020. I made it through by "duck walking" while sitting on the bike and it took me about 30 mins to go maybe a few hundred feet. The low fender, the one in my Avatar pic, it was all cracked to pieces so me and another rider just kicked it off the bike because the "black gumbo" mud was so tight under the fender I coudn't even dig it out with a screwdriver. My bike is a 300cc so it weighs 380lbs. The guys with the bigger bikes had to be trailered. I went down also, over and over and over until I realized my front wheel hadnt been turning and was just skating across the mud, thats how slick it was. I now carry a head gasket scraper for using as a puddy knife to remove mud. Ya know I have a folding saw for camping somewhere. Probably a good thing to bring it, because if we were to run into a crap load of mud, maybe you can go around it through the woods. Might have to get rid of a few branches or brush in the way. Also I have a small lightweight tow strap I carry for pulling people out. Now I really want to go!

Attachments

• IMG_2240_02.jpg
    IMG_2240_02.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_20200820_222845_6.jpg
    IMG_20200820_222845_6.jpg
    297 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
So this is why I ended up installing the high fender after ripping off my old low highway fender in the Paris Tx ride this year. This pic is from Redneck Ramble Paris Tx June 2020. I made it through by "duck walking" while sitting on the bike and it took me about 30 mins to go maybe a few hundred feet. The low fender, the one in my Avatar pic, it was all cracked to pieces so me and another rider just kicked it off the bike because the "black gumbo" mud was so tight under the fender I coudn't even dig it out with a screwdriver. My bike is a 300cc so it weighs 380lbs. The guys with the bigger bikes had to be trailered. I went down also, over and over and over until I realized my front wheel hadnt been turning and was just skating across the mud, thats how slick it was. I now carry a head gasket scraper for using as a puddy knife to remove mud. Ya know I have a folding saw for camping somewhere. Probably a good thing to bring it, because if we were to run into a crap load of mud, maybe you can go around it through the woods. Might have to get rid of a few branches or brush in the way. Also I have a small lightweight tow strap I carry for pulling people out. Now I really want to go!
Whats the route for this Redneck Ramble? I have some family up there so it might be a fun route to do while up there some day.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Here is the track for Paris. I made it about 1/3 the way then it started raining and that was it. I made the mistake of NOT having the GPX track with me and was following some guys on dirt bikes who did make it through . The mud got to bad after that for the big adventure bikes, so I road the way back on the highway through torrential rain and YET, the bike was still covered in mud when I got back to the campground.

GPX viewer

Attachments

• PARIS 2020.gpx
    317.1 KB · Views: 191
So here are the Cheeseburger routes that me and some other guys have used. The Cheeseburger run is a good run if there has been allot of rain because almost all of it is "improved" farm and logging roads, talking white limestone, most of it, which is fine in the rain, allot of clay I saw mixed in, and I have not tried it with rain but it was really easy dry, probably one of the more easier rides I have done. Also we need to re-do this GPX file. The bridge is permanently closed at the top of the lake on 215 at Stubblefield Fishing peer, and will need a new track around it. Synth and I have done it twice. He has been out there more than me lately.

GPX viewer

GPX viewer

Attachments

• 2014 Cheeseburger Loop v1.1.gpx
    278.6 KB · Views: 159
  • 2014 Cheeseburger Loop v1.22.gpx
    449 KB · Views: 162
It took us 2 hours to get the four of us out, if I remember correctly.

Back