• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

East Texas 450

Reaction score
I am thinking of riding the East Texas 450. 01-04-19 to 01-06-19. Leaving from Austin. Going to stay in a hotel in Livingston on 01-05-19 night. Going to camp the 2 days of the trip. Anyone interested in going?

I agree. Going to reschedule

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't ridden the track in a few years, but I understand that there are quite a few road closures and on-the-fly re-routes will most likely be necessary if following older tracks.

I am really interested in doing this as well. The rain will have the route screwed up though. When are you thinking about moving it to?

I haven't ridden the track in a few years, but I understand that there are quite a few road closures and on-the-fly re-routes will most likely be necessary if following older tracks.

It's been a few years for me too, but that place outside of Colmsneil that got so messed up during the 2013 run was still closed a couple of years later. There's another section like it but only four of us made it coming from the north. Check the 2013 ride report for location.

Riding it in the rain takes a certain temperament and dedication. It's not something I'd do again.

I can't spend the time to learn how to embed maps right now but if you follow the link the red arrow points to CR2526, the stretch of road that's closed. For me, roads like that are the funnest part of a ride. However, if it were wet at all I would route around! (Just for the record, I made it through that road both ways that day!)

https://www.google.com/maps/d/embed?mid=1B2msZnSSLU_cKXFejZSE81uJAI0

I'm unable to find the map to this on the forum. Do you have a link?

I can't spend the time to learn how to embed maps right now but...

Still trying to figure out to make a map with a route on it embed. Not sure why it won't work with your map.

Here are the Garmin routes for the last EastTex 450 ride I went on in 2014.

GPX viewer

Attachments

• 2014Texas500.gdb
    315.5 KB · Views: 350
  • 2014EastTexas500.gpx
    1.9 MB · Views: 426
Thanks all. I'm new to getting dirty and work towards this.

I was thinking about next weekend. Depending on the weather

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much of this ride is dirt roads vs. paved roads? And when is the best time of year to ride this and tent camp?

It's about 70% dirt, 30% road. Best time of year is of course when it cools off, so maybe October through March. Depends on how cool you need it to be for camping, of course.

It's about 70% dirt, 30% road. Best time of year is of course when it cools off, so maybe October through March. Depends on how cool you need it to be for camping, of course.
Awesome! Thank you for the info.

Back