• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

East Texas 500 May 15-16

Couple of questions:

- Any camping recommendations for Friday night in Livingston? Just need a place for a tent.
- Ball park what kind of range between gas stops do I need for the ride Saturday? The stock tank on my DR gets me about 130 miles but I can carry another tank with me if I need.

This map shows some fuel stops, some more convenient than others. Don't want to slow my group down if I'll be the only one filling up.
https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=203560287817723208455.0004e3291a6a445b4805d&msa=0

Any room left at your campsite? If so I'd be happy to join and split cost.
Should be.
Campers- please chime in so we can get a headcount.
I know for certain that these are...
Myself(My6)
Wolfen
Casper
PP186515
DLDR
jsut210

That's SIX. FYI... I know three of us will be hammocking so there should be plenty of room for tents. I am NOT sure if more then six people would be allowed to share the one site if some were not setting up tents. So I suggest you might want to call Donna at the KOA and check if you are not on this list.

Last edited:
Should be.
Campers- please chime in so we can get a headcount.
I know for certain that these are...
Myself(My6)
Wolfen
Casper
Just check, are we talking about Saturday or Friday night? JSUT210 (from Ft. Worth) was asking about Friday night in Livingston.

I am planning to stay at the KOA in Rusk Saturday night at MY6's campsite.

JSUT210: Regarding camping in Livingston, there are a lot of places listed on google maps in the area, especially with Lake Livingston in the area. I don't have any recommendations for you though.

Just check, are we talking about Saturday or Friday night? JSUT210 (from Ft. Worth) was asking about Friday night in Livingston.

I am planning to stay at the KOA in Rusk Saturday night at MY6's campsite.

JSUT210: Regarding camping in Livingston, there are a lot of places listed on google maps in the area, especially with Lake Livingston in the area. I don't have any recommendations for you though.
Sorry for the misunderstanding - I was asking about camping both nights. I'll look around more for myself on Friday night and join y'all on Saturday night.

You guys are going to have a great time this weekend! Camping and riding.....the worlds best combination.

Reactions: my6
I camped at the State Park on Lake Livingston last time I did this route. It’s a few minutes out of town, but not that far.

Riders riding from NW/SW side of town (Katy, Cypress, Sugarland, Tomball) & everything in between, can we have a mini meetup point on Saturday ride together till Walmart @ Livingston? Thoughts pls

Hello I have been watching for a couple of weeks but couldn’t commit due to work schedule possible conflict.
I would be able to join the group with a friend (Andrea who is also on twtex but has access issues) if you guys accept our late decision.
We will book hotel rooms and will probably ride to Livingston Friday afternoon.
Riding a T7 and a CRF 250
Sending info to pp186515@gmail.com
Thanks in advance
Piero

Its going to be a big turnout! There should be a few groups, at least!

Everybody- Download the tracks or route, whatever works for you, and think about leading a group!

Reactions: my6
Joel, seeing that I started this I'll go ahead and take the Adventure Bikes with KSU at 8am'ish.

Also we'd like EVERYONE to please PM PP186515 your Emergency Contact Info so we can have it just in case.

David

Last edited:
Hello I have been watching for a couple of weeks but couldn’t commit due to work schedule possible conflict.
I would be able to join the group with a friend (Andrea who is also on twtex but has access issues) if you guys accept our late decision.
We will book hotel rooms and will probably ride to Livingston Friday afternoon.
Riding a T7 and a CRF 250
Sending info to pp186515@gmail.com
Thanks in advance
Piero
Glad you will make it. See you there!

Bring a swim suit or shorts. That goes for the campers also in case they want to come over to the motel and hang out and swim.
I hope the water is warm, I hate cold swimming pools.

Priorities today:
1. Finish bike prep
2. Hammock testing
Work 😁
I scheduled Friday off so I could get my ducks in their rows. My ducks do not like getting in rows...

Joel, seeing that I started this I'll go ahead and take the Adventure Bikes with KSU at 8am'ish.

Also we'd like EVERYONE to please PM PP186515 your Emergency Contact Info so we can have it just in case.

David
Thanks,
Have PM'd @PP186515 with all the relevant emergency info

Stingray and I will be arriving in Livingston between 7:30 and 8:00 Friday evening, and we’ll be staying at the Hampton Inn. Anyone else staying at Hampton? Most likely we’ll go out for dinner after checking in.

Stingray and I will be arriving in Livingston between 7:30 and 8:00 Friday evening, and we’ll be staying at the Hampton Inn. Anyone else staying at Hampton? Most likely we’ll go out for dinner after checking in.
Couldn't find a campsite with any availability so the Hampton is looking like where I'll end up Friday night.

Ready! Finally!!! 👊✊😁

Attachments

• A9FB1139-2BE4-4725-AACA-6D096C7404B7.jpeg
    A9FB1139-2BE4-4725-AACA-6D096C7404B7.jpeg
    186 KB · Views: 154
  • 6DC5B1B8-9851-4C62-A4FB-4E10EC96FDE6.jpeg
    6DC5B1B8-9851-4C62-A4FB-4E10EC96FDE6.jpeg
    180.9 KB · Views: 159
I've still got the crust of Big Bend on the bike, but a fresh air filter and oil!

HaHa....N F L... We gonna have some dirty fun.

Just checked Sunday's forecast for the Rusk area and it's looking better. Down to 40% chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon with a high of 78!!! Perfect....

Back