• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

East Texas 500 May 15-16

Just checked Sunday's forecast for the Rusk area and it's looking better. Down to 40% chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon with a high of 78!!! Perfect....
That’s good news David! Whatever happens, we’re in it now. No turning back whatever the weather! I’m packing waterproofs hoping not to need them tho.

Saturday will be dry and Sunday is the short leg so I'm betting we miss it altogether.

I keep my frogtoggs in the (waterproof) tail bag at all times. I'll be packing the (waterproof) duffel with hammock gear tonight. Hopefully we won't need any of the waterproofing!

Did anyone make an "official" version of the GPX with tracks, or do I need to make my own?

I keep my frogtoggs in the (waterproof) tail bag at all times. I'll be packing the (waterproof) duffel with hammock gear tonight. Hopefully we won't need any of the waterproofing!

Did anyone make an "official" version of the GPX with tracks, or do I need to make my own?
I just downloaded all the files as tracks into my scenic app

Hammock testing in progress. Stand clear!😜

Attachments

• B34D6837-CA37-4DEA-AB22-36846CF6F626.jpeg
    B34D6837-CA37-4DEA-AB22-36846CF6F626.jpeg
    151.6 KB · Views: 150
Reactions: my6
I know it is a joke, but if you have any hammock questions let me know. I will be amazed if you get more than 2 hours of sleep in that type of hammock.
Any and all advice gratefully appreciated! What’s the difference between hammocks in terms of ‘sleepability’? I’m interested to know. I’m taking a thin blow up camping mattress as a backup I’ll sleep on the ground.

I can't find my garmin cable, so if anyone can load the tracks in my zumo in Livingston, I would appreciate it.

Stingray and I will be arriving in Livingston between 7:30 and 8:00 Friday evening, and we’ll be staying at the Hampton Inn. Anyone else staying at Hampton? Most likely we’ll go out for dinner after checking in.
Andrea and I will get in Livingstone around the same time
We are staying at the Holiday Inn
I'll pm you my mob number in case you guys want to have dinner and a couple of drinks together

Added to 2nd post.

Warning!!! FM2526 may eat you alive! On the first leg of the first day, as you cross 287, you will be entering the infamous FM2526. A few great rides have ended here, and at least a few clutches have been smoked. If it is muddy, the mud will stick like nothing you have ever seen, caking up and stopping wheels from turning. If the road is closed, turn around and head south on 287, taking a left on Bob Belt Rd. This will get you back on track.

I too have opted for the Hampton Inn this evening. I'll be there by 8. Driving at 5 and riding all day started to lose its appeal.

Added to 2nd post.

Warning!!! FM2526 may eat you alive! On the first leg of the first day, as you cross 287, you will be entering the infamous FM2526. A few great rides have ended here, and at least a few clutches have been smoked. If it is muddy, the mud will stick like nothing you have ever seen, caking up and stopping wheels from turning. If the road is closed, turn around and head south on 287, taking a left on Bob Belt Rd. This will get you back on track.
Yes that road was a disaster for me and my DR one year!

Added to 2nd post.

Way to set the anticipation and drama!! I love it. 😬😬😬😜👊✊👊✊🤙😁
The scene is set for a great ride. I’m just about loaded up and will hit the road at around 5:30 in the morning. Don’t leave without me!!😉

Hello group my name is David 2.0 😆 from the Dallas group. Everyone opted out last minute, but not me .. I stated at 10:00AM and an hour into the ride I rand into impassable flooded road, I attempted to drive around utilizing other roads but kept heading flooded areas. I attempted to cross one only to fall down. Honestly was pretty fun but don’t attempt it alone. I’ll see you guys at 8 AM here in Livingston at the Walmart

Attachments

• D02E7C34-51A4-4873-8A1A-8D116F80EB8E.jpeg
    D02E7C34-51A4-4873-8A1A-8D116F80EB8E.jpeg
    369.1 KB · Views: 173
Hello group my name is David 2.0 😆 from the Dallas group. Everyone opted out last minute, but not me .. I stated at 10:00AM and an hour into the ride I rand into impassable flooded road, I attempted to drive around utilizing other roads but kept heading flooded areas. I attempted to cross one only to fall down. Honestly was pretty fun but don’t attempt it alone. I’ll see you guys at 8 AM here in Livingston at the Walmart
Awesome! We’ll see you there David #2

Reactions: my6
A friend went up to buy some property by Lake Livingston today and said the Trinity River was way up. There will probably be some water crossings where it’s usually dry. Sorry to miss out on this one but have other things going this weekend.

Now you've done it. I'll have to pick something up in Rusk on our way in.

Back