• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

East Texas 500 May 15-16

Dr said all I will need is cheaters when he is finished I have worn glass since I was 6 years old its going to be a weird change for me and i cant wait
I've been debating lasik myself, but medical stuff scares the bejeezus out of me. Can't bring myself to do it. Been wearing contacts since highschool.

I've been debating lasik myself, but medical stuff scares the bejeezus out of me. Can't bring myself to do it. Been wearing contacts since highschool.
If you have to wear glass to see anything like me i would have done the lasik when i was young if it would have been available. The technology they used to map my eyes just blew me away with so much detail, there do the left eye which has so much astigmatism in it and correcting it to 20/20 the right eye is no big deal. That being said I am glad to get it done but worried about at the same time

If you have to wear glass to see anything like me i would have done the lasik when i was young if it would have been available. The technology they used to map my eyes just blew me away with so much detail, there do the left eye which has so much astigmatism in it and correcting it to 20/20 the right eye is no big deal. That being said I am glad to get it done but worried about at the same time
I've an irrational fear of all things medical. Needles in particular. I wear contacts, though I'm only at -1.75 in both eyes. I can see, but not clearly without correction. I want to get it done, but medical stuff just triggers a panic for me. Only thing that does it to me.

As for the ride, I'll likely be there. Weather permitting of course. I'll be in a hammock for the night if there's a campsite I can share.

I am thinking of doing the ride starting in Livingston. I would be riding a KTM 990 and may come Friday evening after work, or early Saturday. I’ll be coming from Mansfield. I may start solo and hook up with anyone heading the same direction Anyone riding big bikes?

Reactions: my6
I am thinking of doing the ride starting in Livingston. I would be riding a KTM 990 and may come Friday evening after work, or early Saturday. I’ll be coming from Mansfield. I may start solo and hook up with anyone heading the same direction Anyone riding big bikes?
Based off of who has responded here there should be me on my Africa Twin and 2 other 990 adventures.

I am thinking of joining, but I wanted to check on the road quality you will be on. Will you be on anything worse than gravel roads?

Last edited:
There are some sand sections and possibly areas of mud., but mostly gravel roads.

I'm riding my big bike, too.

I am thinking of joining, but I wanted to check on the road quality you will be on. Will you be on anything worse than gravel roads?
It will be all public roads. No trails. I've not run the route before, but I'd expect at least some sand, given the area.

Another 990?!!!!! Yeah baby! You me and Casper can compare scoots....

The vast majority of this ride will be gravel but there will be lots of sand too. The fly in the ointment will be how much rain the area might get.

FYI, a little rain is a good thing. A LOT, not so much....

When I say 'my big bike' I mean my 450.

I'll try to keep up!

Reactions: my6
Anyone have a tent reservation at the KOA that I can join and split costs? I think they allow up to 6 people a site. Not sure if there is a maximum number of tents allowed.

Oh, and I am planning to ride. 😊

Yes indeed. I reserved a spot for SIX with electric and water. We can split the cost between us. Myself, Wolfen and Casper are confirmed. Anyone I've missed should chime in to confirm a spot.

Last edited:
What's the current head count, and who is running a gps?

I don't mind leading some, but it's fun to be in the pack, too.

I count 10 at this time. Three Camping.
My6
William Wolfen
RollingJ
Trailtime
DannyBoy
MuddMissle
PP186515
DLDR
Stingray
Dustycajunsr

Last edited:
Looking at the 10 day forecast for the Livingston area shows rain mid week then drying out through the weekend. Looks very promising for a great and LOW dust ride.

I plan to ride with the Livingston Group on the DR-650.
I would like to be one of the 6 camping, I have to figure out how to carry camping kit on the DR. Coffee is a priority!

I plan to ride with the Livingston Group on the DR-650.
I would like to be one of the 6 camping, I have to figure out how to carry camping kit on the DR. Coffee is a priority!
Great! My SantaBabe got me this for Xmas and it packs pretty small. Amazon.
1620572418830.png

Last edited:
Looking like I might be able to make this ride too if there's still room for more riders. It's been a few years since I've ridden this ride.
I'd start in Livingston and motel it in Rusk, will be on a 690.

Come on, Scott! If we get too stung out we can always break into smaller groups.

Back