• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

EAST TX: East Texas BBQ and dessert

pub610

Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Last Name
Woodall
Time for a headcount!
Thursday (Nov 14) we'll meet, greet and eat at Shep's BBQ in Palestine. Then we'll follow Tom and Shirley out to their country villa for Dessert by Shirley:clap:.
If you're going, please post up so Shirley can calculate raw materials.

I'm in.

I'm probably in. I'm getting wimpy in my old age though and won't commit until it gets a little closer and I have a better idea of what the weather will be like. But it's been way too long and I'm more than ready to reconnect with TWT.

Dagnabit! Linda and I was going to make this one but my sister from Atlanta is comming in that evening. Guess we're out.:argh:

Looking forward to seeing everyone. You know if the weather turns crappy it's not against the law to drive. You could carpool and talk about motorbikes and how great the Two Wheeled Texan bunch is. Besides if you don't show up I might OD on leftover deserts.:giveup:

You know if the weather turns crappy it's not against the law to drive. You could carpool and talk about motorbikes and how great the Two Wheeled Texan bunch is. :giveup:

ALTHOUGH those of us that RIDE will talk Crap about people that drive to motorcycle events (unless your trailering race bikes or healing up from a getoff)
Those of us that ride will also make a request to Shirley to be at the front of the goody line !!!!!!!!!
I am hoping for a nice gentle rain and temps in the mid 30's it will also be dark to add to the entertainment. :clap:
WOW that would be a wonderful ride !!!!!! :rofl: :rider: :clap: :trust: :rofl:

Tom/Shirley -- I'm out. Our company's benefits (think Obamacare) meeting is unavoidably scheduled for that evening.
With the memory of the last dessert ride indelibly imprinted in my mind and on my taste buds, I genuinely regret the scheduling conflict.

Weather for Thursday night is OK. Looking at my new iPhone 5C (my family's amazed, the caveman got a SMART phone :lol2:) it shows a low of 48, cloudy, no rain. Thanks again Tom & Shirley for hosting dessert.

I like to eat the Hercules when I'm there. I usually regret it though, because every time I get the sh#ts from eating at Sheps.

Weather for Thursday night is OK. Looking at my new iPhone 5C (my family's amazed, the caveman got a SMART phone :lol2:) it shows a low of 48, cloudy, no rain. Thanks again Tom & Shirley for hosting dessert.

Dry & 48? that's tolerable. Sorry Hairsmith, maybe some other time. :mrgreen:

Sorry you can't make it Bill. Maybe you can talk someone in to bringing something back for you and Jessica :eat: Someone trustworthy who will make sure it is not lost on the way home!

Sorry you can't make it Bill. Maybe you can talk someone in to bringing something back for you and Jessica :eat: Someone trustworthy who will make sure it is not lost on the way home!

That leaves out most of this group. I don't know many m/c riders who can be trusted alone with desserts.

This has skip's name all over it. :eat:

That's what I was thinking Bill. I just didn't want to imply that Skip was the ONLY trustworthy TWTexan :giveup:

Back