• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

EAST TX: East Texas BMW+ Motorcycle Club Meeting First Thursday

The Saturday meetup is on June 17th at Jamie's Restaurant (used to be Tiffany's, used to be Lovell's) on Lake Fork.
271 Co Rd 1558, Alba, TX 75410
Breakfast ride on your own, plan to arrive at the restaurant at 9. Note: they usually have a nice selection of pie!

Hope to see you at Lake Fork.
Been wanting to go to one of these for a while.
Just got back from a business trip and I'm pooped. Will come next month on the 15th.

The July meeting of the East Texas BMW+ Motorcycle Club will be held this Thursday, the 6th at Whataburger in Jacksonville (627 S Jackson St, Jacksonville, TX 75766) at 6:30 p.m.

We still have hats! Come get your hat on Thursday. I will also bring them to the Saturday meetups. A big thank you goes out to Larry for coming through with hats.

The Saturday meetup is on July 15 at The Lakeside Grill. Breakfast ride, plan to arrive at the restaurant at 9 (they open at 8).
On Lake Tyler, 18183 Concession Rd, Whitehouse, TX 75791.

Hope to see you at the meeting and at Lake Tyler.

We are changing the location for this Saturday's breakfast meetup. The planned location doesn't open until 10 a.m. (sometimes the Internet lies to us).

On the recommendation of one of our members who eats there, we are going to La Fonda Del Sol, 608 W Rusk St, Jacksonville, TX 75766. This is a couple miles from the Whataburger where we hold our meetings. See you there at 9 a.m.

I have a great deal for club members detailed below the meeting info.

The August meeting of the East Texas BMW+ Motorcycle Club will be held this Thursday, the 3rd at Whataburger in Jacksonville (627 S Jackson St, Jacksonville, TX 75766) at 6:30 p.m.

We still have hats! Come get your hat on Thursday.

The Saturday meetup is on August 19 at Shady Glade Café. Breakfast ride, plan to arrive at the restaurant at 9 (they open at 7).
Shady Glade Café, 510 Cypress Dr, Karnack, TX 75661, on Caddo Lake. I called and they are open.

Here is the deal for club members:
I was able to buy AeroShell Flight Jacket Plexicoat, Polish, and Touch & Go Cleaner WAY BELOW market value. This was made to be used on aircraft and is new, old stock (made a couple years ago, but in new, unopened condition). I was able to buy a case (12 bottles) of each for just over $100 total, making it $10 for three bottles (one bottle of each). I spent my own money on this. This is VERY HIGH QUALITY plexiglass protectant, polish/wax for painted surfaces and shiny metal, and cleaner to remove bugs and grime. The polish can be used with a high-speed buffer if you are into detailing.

I have nine sets left and I can get more if there is enough demand. I think I could ship them as long as I wrap them well with saran wrap or something. The bottles were all packed in original cases, but they are not individually sealed. It comes out as soon as you open the spout and squeeze.

Please reply to me if you want some. I don't want to pack 27 bottles for the meeting if only one other person wants it.

Hope to see you at the meeting and at Caddo Lake!

Now for the rest of the story regarding how I came to purchase three cases of AeroShell (if you care to read it). I was at Jeff's garage behind his house for three Sunday mornings in a row tinkering on my bike, when one day he showed me his bottle of plexiglass protectant. He had picked it up years ago at the Reklaw Fly-In for $20. I ran my hand over the windscreen of his R1200RT, and it was slick! I jumped on Google when I got home and found that it was out of stock once you tried to order it.

I found three-bottles for $10 posted on the website of an experimental aircraft club based at the airport in Conroe, TX (just north of Houston), so I placed an order for one set. I needed to drive to Houston for something else, so I took a 40-mile detour and met Joe Walsh (pilot, aircraft builder, & all-around good guy) at his hanger. The gang was all there working on their planes, and we had a nice long chat. When I told them about our club (I was wearing my club hat of course), Joe asked if I wanted to get more bottles. It turns out when Shell stopped making this stuff, they gave away lots of cases to airplane clubs. So this club has several shelves full of cases, which they give away for donations. They spend the money received to sponsor kids to camp and different things. Sometimes they fly to Nacogdoches or other locations in East Texas for lunch, and offered to bring more cases to me in the future if there is enough demand.

What a great bunch of guys.

On the assumption that I will be meeting them for lunch sometime, I'll let everyone know when, so if anyone wants to come down and meet them for lunch, we can then ride out to the Nacogdoches airport and see the planes that they built themselves. Yes, they build their own airplanes, and then fly them across the country.

I'll take a set Rich. I'm not making this Thursday night, but am planning on the Caddo run, I'll pick it up there if you can pack it along. A run to the Nac airport to check home-built aircraft? Sign me up! But maybe when the weather cool offs towards the fall.

I'll take a set Rich. I'm not making this Thursday night, but am planning on the Caddo run, I'll pick it up there if you can pack it along. A run to the Nac airport to check home-built aircraft? Sign me up! But maybe when the weather cool offs towards the fall.

Thanks Mark. I have them set aside for you and I’ll bring them to Caddo!

Yes, I have a set bagged and put back literally with your name on it!

I have three bags set back for members who have asked for it. All the rest is gone.

The September meeting of the East Texas BMW+ Motorcycle Club will be held this Thursday, the 7th at Whataburger in Jacksonville (627 S Jackson St, Jacksonville, TX 75766) at 6:30 p.m.

The Saturday meetup is on September 16 for fried chicken and dumplings at The Picket House, Woodville. Lunch-leave Jacksonville Whataburger at 9 am, plan to arrive at the restaurant at 11 or ride on your own. We will probably arrive closer to noon, this is a ways from J'ville.
NOTE: They open at 11 a.m.
The Picket House
206 US-190, Woodville, TX 75979

Hope to see you at the meeting and at The Picket House.

The October meeting of the East Texas BMW+ Motorcycle Club will be held this Thursday, the 5th at Whataburger in Jacksonville (627 S Jackson St, Jacksonville, TX 75766) at 6:30 p.m.

The Saturday meetup is on October 21 at the Stump Restaurant & Club. Lunch-leave Jacksonville Whataburger at 9 am, plan to arrive at the restaurant at 11 or ride on your own.
Stump Restaurant & Club
3819 Sam Rayburn Pkwy, Brookeland, TX 75931
Close to Sam Rayburn Reservoir dam

Hope to see you at the meeting and at the Stump Restaurant.

The October meeting of the East Texas BMW+ Motorcycle Club will be held this Thursday, the 5th at Whataburger in Jacksonville (627 S Jackson St, Jacksonville, TX 75766) at 6:30 p.m.

The Saturday meetup is on October 21 at the Stump Restaurant & Club. Lunch-leave Jacksonville Whataburger at 9 am, plan to arrive at the restaurant at 11 or ride on your own.
Stump Restaurant & Club

Hope to see you at the meeting and at the Stump Restaurant.
We only had three for lunch at The Stump. I need to document that the fried fish sandwich was one of the best sandwiches I've had in years. Everyone who can should visit The Stump. Nice restaurant, good food, wide selection on the menu!

The November meeting of the East Texas BMW+ Motorcycle Club will be held this Thursday, the 2nd at Whataburger in Jacksonville (627 S Jackson St, Jacksonville, TX 75766) at 6:30 p.m.

On Saturday, November 18, we are not riding to Smoke Monkey East Texas in Flint. Instead we are meeting for lunch at The Barbecue House (704 N Stallings Dr Nacogdoches, TX 75965) at 11. No club ride from Jacksonville is planned. The Barbecue House opens at 11.

After lunch, anyone who wants can follow me a couple miles over to Tom Smith's garage in Nac (we have coordinated this with his widow Linda). Tom had accumulated MANY hand tools, electric tools, bench-mounted tools, tank bags, heated gear, riding gear, welders, rolling tool chests, No-Mar tire changer, moto-trailer, air-rifles (12+), etc. There are tools that can start, or complete, your own garage. You can leave with whatever you can pack, or come back later to pick it up, or just call dibs on something if an item remains unsold. I have a key to the garage and live a few miles away, so I can meet anyone there any day of the week, pretty much any time, before or after the afternoon of the 18th. I just need to give Linda a heads up before other visits. Jeff & I have been trying to assist Linda with selling all the stuff in the packed garage for her. This could help out a lot, and provide club members with the chance to get a lot of good tools at a discount.

Rich Barnhart
936-645-4549 (call or text is fine)

The December meeting of the East Texas BMW+ Motorcycle Club will be held this Thursday, the 7th at Whataburger in Jacksonville (627 S Jackson St, Jacksonville, TX 75766) at 6:30 p.m.

We still have club hats! Come get your hat on Thursday.

The Saturday meetup is on December 16 at Moosehead Café. Lunch-leave Jacksonville Whataburger at 9 am, plan to arrive at the restaurant at 11 or ride on your own.
Moosehead Café, 412 E Houston Ave, Crockett, TX 75835.

Extra December Ride: There is meetup organized on this forum, from around East Texas, DFW, Greater Houston, Waco, etc., who are meeting up at the Moosehead Café in Crockett around 11 am on Saturday, December 30. I plan to be there. Please feel free to ride over on the 30th. There is no organized club ride from Jacksonville on this day.

Hope to see you soon.
Rich

Here are the third-Saturday club rides for 2024. These rides have been posted on the club website, etbmw.org under: JOIN THE FUN, CALENDAR.
Note, you can export our club calendar to Google or Outlook.

We will meet up at Whataburger in Jacksonville (627 S Jackson St, Jacksonville, TX 75766) for all club rides that start in Jacksonville.
Whataburger has a nice level parking lot, we can all get out on the street together through the traffic light, anyone can use the facilities before the ride, and early birds can grab breakfast.

January 20
Lunch-leave Jacksonville Whataburger at 9 am, plan to arrive at the restaurant at 11 or ride on your own.
Shady Glade Café
510 Cypress Dr, Karnack, TX 75661
(903) 789-2123

February 17
Lunch-leave Jacksonville Whataburger at 9 am, plan to arrive at the restaurant at 11 or ride on your own.
Taste of Italy by the Lake
2448 Co Rd 3440, Hawkins, TX 75765
(they open at 11)
(903) 769-0600

March 16
Club Picnic at Tom & Shirley Willis', Sulphur Springs (no club ride from Jacksonville Whataburger)
Club provides food & drink, families welcome
Will share address later.
Will need headcount of anticipated attendees.
Sulphur Springs, TX

April 27 (4th Saturday)
Texas National Picnic, Love's Lookout Picnic Area, North of Jacksonville (no club ride from Jacksonville Whataburger)
NOTE: Bring your own food & drink, we will bring charcoal for the grill.
Lunch-11 or so to 1 or so
43822 US-69, Jacksonville, TX 75766

May 18
Club Picnic & Tech Day at Martin's Garage, near Kilgore (no club ride from Jacksonville Whataburger)
Club provides food & drink, families welcome
Mount tires (tire changing machine), change oil (three lifts, no waiting). More involved work is possible, but ask first.
Will share address later.
Will need headcount of anticipated attendees.

June 15
Bertha's Cafe
Breakfast ride on your own, plan to arrive at the restaurant at 9.
5929 US-84, Maydelle, TX 75772
(903) 795-3747

July 20
Lake Murvaul Campground Marina & Restaurant, address is Carthage, but it is on Lake Murvaul.
638 FM 1234, Carthage, TX 75633
(903) 694-2699

August 17
The Lake Grill
8900 Ruby Ln, Frankston, Texas 75763
(903) 360-9437

September 21
Lunch-leave Jacksonville Whataburger at 9 am, plan to arrive at the restaurant at 12 or ride on your own. We will probably arrive closer to noon, this is a ways from J'ville.
Fried chicken and dumplings, The Pickett House, Woodville
206 US-190, Woodville, TX 75979
(409) 283-3371

October 19
Stump Restaurant & Club
(they open at 11)
(409) 698-949

November 16
Lunch-leave Jacksonville Whataburger at 9 am, plan to arrive at the restaurant at 11:30 or ride on your own.
Kitt's Kornbread Sandwich & Pie Bar
125 N Polk St, Jefferson, TX, 75657
Note: They open at 11:30
(903) 665-0505

December 28 (4th Saturday)
The club ride group will probably arrive around 10:30.
Moosehead Café
412 E Houston Ave, Crockett, TX 75835
(936) 544-5278

Last edited:
The February meeting of the East Texas BMW+ Motorcycle Club will be held this Thursday, the 1st at Whataburger in Jacksonville (627 S Jackson St, Jacksonville, TX 75766) at 6:30 p.m.

The Saturday meetup is on February 17 at Taste of Italy by the Lake. Lunch-leave Jacksonville Whataburger at 9 am, plan to arrive at the restaurant at 11 or ride on your own.
(they open at 11)
Taste of Italy by the Lake
2448 Co Rd 3440, Hawkins, TX 75765
(903) 769-0600

Back