• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

EAST TX: East Texas BMW+ Motorcycle Club Meeting First Thursday

Yeah but you folks are too kind and let other than BMW riders into your group. Geez, don't you guys know yet that they eat healthier, making you look bad if there are photos, (unless a gold wing rider, who will put you all to shame), and they are cheaper (if on a dual sport, not sure why but I spend less on my Honda AT than the RT), and they are certainly not as handsome as us? I may have to ride down and meet ya'll one of these days on yes, an RT. Crockett looks like a reasonable run from Centx in Dec :-)

The October meeting of the East Texas BMW+ Motorcycle Club will be held this Thursday, the 6th at Whataburger in Jacksonville (627 S Jackson St, Jacksonville, TX 75766) at 6:30 p.m.

The club ride is on Saturday, October 15, to the Jack Rabbit Grill in Ore City.
Lunch-leave Legends at 9 am, plan to arrive at the restaurant at 11 or ride on your own.
NOTE: They open at 11 a.m.
16420 TX-155, Ore City, TX 75683

The club ride is tomorrow, Saturday, October 15, to the Jack Rabbit Grill in Ore City.

Lunch-leave Legends at 9 am, plan to arrive at the restaurant at 11 or ride on your own.

16420 TX-155, Ore City, TX 75683

I won't be able to make it. My RT is up on the table without a final drive. It gave up the ghost (Grooved Ball Bearing) 88 miles from the house on my last little ride of 2,800 miles.

The club ride is tomorrow, November 19, to Kitt's Kornbread Sandwich and Pie Bar, 125 N Polk St, Jefferson, TX 75657.
Lunch-leave Legends at 9 m, plan to arrive at the restaurant at 11 or ride on your own.

Martin has invited us to ride down to his place in Kilgore afterwards and check out his shop and bikes. I plan to ride to Martin's.

Meant to update sooner: We had 13 bikes at the meetup. The cornbread sandwich is a nice take. I had The Texan, cornbread & chili. No beans of course!

The ride south lead by Martin was GREAT! I've got to get a list of those FMs. And his shop is the best private shop I have ever seen.

The December meeting of the East Texas BMW+ Motorcycle Club will be held this Thursday, the 1st at Whataburger in Jacksonville (627 S Jackson St, Jacksonville, TX 75766) at 6:30 p.m.

The club ride is on Saturday, December 17, to the Moosehead Cafe in Crockett.
412 E Houston Ave, Crockett, TX 75835

The club ride is this Saturday, December 17, to the Moosehead Cafe in Crockett. I've attached a GPX file of our planned ride from Jacksonville to Crockett.

Hope to see you there!

Also, we are about done putting together the 2023 club rides. We are looking at a tour of East Texas lakes for about two-thirds of the rides, eating at marinas, lake-side cafes/restaurants, or BBQ joints within a mile or so of a lake. We are also planning a trip to Arkansas & Missouri in October, staying at a couple different motels and riding most of the day. There will be a bonus marina on Bull Shoals Lake in Missouri included on this October trip.

GPX viewer

Attachments

• Jacksonville Animal Hospital1 to Moosehead Cafe.gpx
    72.9 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
The club ride is this Saturday, December 17, to the Moosehead Cafe in Crockett. I've attached a GPX file of our planned ride from Jacksonville to Crockett.

Hope to see you there!

Also, we are about done putting together the 2023 club rides. We are looking at a tour of East Texas lakes for about two-thirds of the rides, eating at marinas, lake-side cafes/restaurants, or BBQ joints within a mile or so of a lake. We are also planning a trip to Arkansas & Missouri in October, staying at a couple different motels and riding most of the day. There will be a bonus marina on Bull Shoals Lake in Missouri included on this October trip.

GPX viewer
Looking forward to it.

Hope to see you there!

GPX viewer

Wish I could make it this weekend now that I'm on 2 wheels again, but I'm previously committed. :-(

Great weather for a lunch run. Enjoyed the food and fellowship.

Had 11 club members show up, with at least another 10 or more from the TWT forum. And the Moosehead Cafe posted a picture here: https://www.facebook.com/themooseheadcafe

Moosehead.jpg

IMG_5316.jpg

IMG_5317.jpg

IMG_5318.jpg

IMG_5315.jpg

Here are the third-Saturday club rides for 2023.

This is sort of a tour of East Texas Lakes. We have at least another eight watery venues if we want to do this again in 2024.

Important Note: We will meet up at Whataburger in Jacksonville (627 S Jackson St, Jacksonville, TX 75766) for all club rides that start in Jacksonville. We are no longer meeting up at Legends.
Whataburger has a nice level parking lot, we can all get out on the street together through the traffic light, anyone can use the facilities before the ride, and early birds can grab breakfast.

January 21
Breakfast ride on your own, plan to arrive at the restaurant at 9.
Lake Murvaul Campground Marina & Restaurant, address is Carthage, but it is on Lake Murvaul.
638 FM 1234, Carthage, TX 75633

February 18
The Lake Grill
8900 Ruby Ln, Frankston, Texas 75763
On Lake Palestine

March 18
Lunch-leave Jacksonville Whataburger at 9 am, plan to arrive at the restaurant at 11 or ride on your own.
Taste of Italy by the Lake
2448 Co Rd 3440, Hawkins, TX 75765
(they open at 11)
On Lake Hawkins

April 15
Club Picnic & Tech Day at Martin's Garage, near Kilgore (no club ride from Jacksonville Whataburger)
Club provides food & drink, families welcome
Mount tires (tire changing machine), change oil (three lifts, no waiting). More involved work is possible, but ask first.
Will share address later.
Will need headcount of anticipated attendees.

May 20
Lunch-No club ride, only like 15 minutes from Jacksonville.
Lake Striker Resort, address is Henderson, but it's on Lake Striker.
18560 County Road 4256, Henderson, TX 75654

June 17
Lovell’s Restaurant (used to be Tiffany's)
271 Co Rd 1558, Alba, TX 75410
On Lake Fork

July 15
The Lakeside Grill
18183 Concession Rd, Whitehouse, TX 75791
On Lake Tyler

August 19
Shady Glade Café
510 Cypress Dr, Karnack, TX 75661
On Caddo Lake

September 16
Lunch-leave Jacksonville Whataburger at 9 am, plan to arrive at the restaurant at 11 or ride on your own. We will probably arrive closer to noon, this is a ways from J'ville.
Fried chicken and dumplings, The Picket House, Woodville
206 US-190, Woodville, TX 75979

October 21
Lunch-leave Jacksonville Whataburger at 9 am, plan to arrive at the restaurant at 11 or ride on your own.
Stump Restaurant & Club
3819 Sam Rayburn Pkwy, Brookeland, TX 75931
(they open at 11)
Close to Sam Rayburn Reservoir dam

November 18
Smoke Monkey East Texas (BBQ)
19785 State Hwy 155, Flint, TX 75762
Near Lake Palestine

December 16
Moosehead Café

Club Trip & Bonus Lakeside Venue
October 12 - 15, Thursday - Sunday
The trip will include one or more of the following (hopefully all):
Old Indian Hwy, Talihina, Talimena Scenic Drive, Mena, Pig Trail, Huntsville, Oark General Store, Peel Ferry, Yellville, Bull Shoals Lake, Push Mountain, Mount Magazine, Ozark Moonshine Run, Buffalo River, Mulberry River, Turner Bend Store, and more curvy roads than you can shake a stick at.
Lunch Thursday at Pam's Hateful Hussy Diner, Talihina, OK.
Breakfast (probably Friday) at the Oark General Store, AR (open for the last 130+ years).
Lunch (Friday or Saturday) at Cookie's Restaurant, Theodosia Marina-Resort, MO, on Bull Shoals Lake.
Dinner (Friday or Saturday) at Breadeaux Pizza, Yellville.
Stay Thursday night at the Madison Motel in Huntsville (formeraly Faubus Motel).
Stay Friday & Saturday nights at The Carlton Marion Inn in Yellville.
Return to East Texas Sunday.
Anyone who can't leave on Thursday is welcome to come on up and meet us Friday or Saturday.
We will probably leave very early Thursday morning from Texas Best Smokehouse Longview, South Eastman Road, Longview, TX (at I20 Exit 596).

The March meeting of the East Texas BMW+ Motorcycle Club will be held this Thursday, the 2nd at Whataburger in Jacksonville (627 S Jackson St, Jacksonville, TX 75766) at 6:30 p.m.

The club ride is on Saturday, March 18, to Taste of Italy by the Lake.
They open at 11.
Taste of Italy by the Lake
North of US 80, on Lake Hawkins

Bryan and his better half recently visited the restaurant. He reported great food, service, and music!

The club ride is this Saturday to Taste of Italy by the Lake
(they open at 11)
On Lake Hawkins

I've attached a GPX file of our route from Jacksonville.

Hope to see you Saturday.

GPX viewer

Attachments

• Taste of Italy ride.gpx
    116 KB · Views: 95
The April meeting of the East Texas BMW+ Motorcycle Club will be held this Thursday, the 6th at Whataburger in Jacksonville (627 S Jackson St, Jacksonville, TX 75766) at 6:30 p.m. We hope to finalize our plans to buy hats for the club.

The club picnic will be held on April 15th at Martin's Garage, outside of Kilgore (14428 CR 298N Kilgore, TX 75662).
Plan to arrive by 11, family members are welcome.
Please RSVP to Rich and include how many other folks you plan to bring. We want to have plenty of burgers.
We have a few small door prizes to give out.

Hope to see you at the meeting and at the picnic.

The May meeting of the East Texas BMW+ Motorcycle Club will be held this Thursday, the 4th at Whataburger in Jacksonville (627 S Jackson St, Jacksonville, TX 75766) at 6:30 p.m.

We have hats! Come get your hat on Thursday. I will also plan to bring them to the Saturday meetups. A big thank you goes out to Larry for coming through with hats.

The Saturday meetup is on May 20th at the Lake Striker Restraunt. Lunch-no club ride; it's only 15 minutes from Jacksonville.
Plan to arrive at the restaurant at 11. Note: they don't open until 11. I called the restaurant today and they are open for the summer season.
The address for the Lake Striker Resort is Reklaw, but it's down the road a bit from the greater Reklaw metro area (where 204 crosses 84).
18560 County Road 4256, Reklaw, TX 75654

Hope to see you at the meeting and at Lake Striker.

The monthly Saturday meetup is lunch tomorrow, May 20, at Lake Striker Resort.

They have the A, B, C's of cuisine: Alligator, Boudin, and Crawfish, along with catfish, hamburger, steak, CFS, shrimp, salads, peach cobbler and ice cream.

18560 County Road 4256, Reklaw, TX 75654
No club ride as it's only 15 minutes from Jacksonville. This is our last lunch meetup for the spring; we will do breakfast through the summer.

The June meeting of the East Texas BMW+ Motorcycle Club will be held this Thursday, the 1st at Whataburger in Jacksonville (627 S Jackson St, Jacksonville, TX 75766) at 6:30 p.m.

If you haven't picked up your free hat for members, come get your hat on Thursday.

The Saturday meetup is on June 17th at Lovell’s Restaurant (used to be Tiffany's) on Lake Fork.
Breakfast ride on your own, plan to arrive at the restaurant at 9. Note: they usually have a nice selection of pie!

Hope to see you at the meeting and at Lake Fork.

The Saturday meetup is on June 17th at Jamie's Restaurant (used to be Tiffany's, used to be Lovell's) on Lake Fork.
Breakfast ride on your own, plan to arrive at the restaurant at 9. Note: they usually have a nice selection of pie!

Hope to see you at Lake Fork.

Back