• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

EAST TX: East Texas BMW+ Motorcycle Club Meeting First Thursday

Great meeting with eleven in attendance and a variety of bikes. Lots of Moto-talk. Cool looking Triumph, KTM, Wee-Strom, Bandit, and more BMWs than you could shake a stick at (3 RTs, 2 GSs, and the best looking K75S I've ever seen). There was another bike in the lot, but I didn't get a look at it.

Rich

The October meeting of the East Texas BMW+ Club will be held next Thursday the 2nd at Legend's Burgers in Jacksonville (1630 S. Jackson) at 6:30 p.m.

Also, here are a couple rides and rallies that members are attending in the next month or so.

At least one member is attending the Norton Rallye at Lake O' the Pines Thursday to Sunday, 2 to 5 October.
http://www.ntnoa.org/14loprallye.htm

At least five of us are riding to Birmingham, AL October 10-12 for the Barber Vintage Festival.

A few of us are riding up to meet the Lone Star BMW Riders (from the DFW area) for breakfast on Sunday October 19th at Lake Fork Marina.

Two of our club members will be competing on November 1 at the Vintage Trials at Huffman Farm, Donie, TX.

And the Roll the Bones Rally (Official Texas ADV Rider Rally) is at Clifton, Texas October 24-26 (not sure if any of our members are attending).
http://www.rollthebonesrally.com/registration.php

If you want to go on a ride, speak up at the club meeting on Thursday or reply to me and I will try to put you in touch with someone who is riding to a rally.

Hope to see you at the meeting on the 2nd or on a club ride!

The October meeting of the East Texas BMW+ Club will be held next Thursday the 2nd at Legend's Burgers in Jacksonville (1630 S. Jackson) at 6:30 p.m.

It was a good meeting with six in attendance, three from south of Jacksonville and three from the north. We cut the meeting an hour short by the approach of a line of thunderstorms (usually we hang out until they turn the sign to closed and start sweeping up at 8 p.m.). The ride south was uneventful, we beat the bad weather. However, I heard that at least one rider who headed north got nailed ten minutes from home. At least he was wearing his 'stich.

The November meeting of the East Texas BMW+ Club will be held on Thursday, November the 6th at Legend's Burgers in Jacksonville (1630 S. Jackson) at 6:30 p.m.

A couple of our members will be competing in the Vintage Trials this Saturday the 1st at Huffman Farm, Donie, TX. Contact Hairsmith if you want to attend and need directions.

Hope to see you at the meeting on the 6th!

Rich

What a nice evening to ride, and 12 in attendance. Good to see Dutch again, not since my last July tire change.

image-S.jpg

December meeting of the East Texas BMW+ Motorcycle Club Thursday the 4th

The December meeting of the East Texas BMW+ Motorcycle Club will be held on Thursday, the 4th at Legend's Burgers in Jacksonville (1630 S. Jackson) at 6:30 p.m.

Hope to see you at the meeting on the 4th!

Skip, would you be swayed by a commitment on Rich's part to ride naked to the meeting?:giveup:

Skip, would you be swayed by a commitment on Rich's part to ride naked to the meeting?:giveup:

Now I see why Jeff asked me at lunch if I had seen the thread. :doh:

If I take the hand guards and the windscreen off of my K75S, can you say I'm riding it naked?

I have to say that I'm a lot closer to ATGATT than I am to riding naked!

Good meeting tonight. Eight in attendance with lots of stories (mostly about gophers).

Here are some of the decisions that were made during the meeting last night.

1) The club logo, which is a close replica of the original club logo from 20 to 25 years ago, is going to be slightly altered. Instead of just "East Texas", a BMW logo, and "Plus", we will try to add "Motorcycle Club". We are then going to make some laminated 3" stickers. Dues-paying club members will get one for free. We will also investigate putting the image on a banner, similar to what the club had years ago.

2) The Texas National Picnic (3rd Annual) will again be held on the 3rd Saturday of May at Love's Lookout, north of Jacksonville on US 69, and we will probably stick with that date into the future. If the club stickers go well, we are going to make some TNP stickers to give out as folks arrive at the picnic, suitable for a pannier, helmet, or birthday gift. The proposed number ranged from 50 to 75 to maybe 100. The first year we had 25 attendees and last year we had 70. It would give folks a memento and maybe help promote the event as people in other parts of Texas and other states see the sticker.

3) The next club meet is being moved from January 1st (the first Thursday) to January 15th. This is a one-time thing. We will resume meeting on the 1st Thursday in February.

4) Speaking of dues, club dues are $10 a year for an individual & $15 a year for a family. This is strictly voluntary; you can attend meetings and events and not pay dues and no one will say a word, we don't take roll of paid members. However, when folks contribute dues, it lets us have some walking around money and do things for the club - like make stickers and a banner. Contact any officer (Jeff, Mark, Rick, or me), or come to a meeting to pay dues.

If you have any questions or ideas for the club, please don't hesitate to contact me.

We have stickers! :sun: Every club member gets one. We currently have 8 left from our order of 30.

etbmwmc_zps6c626305.jpg

Regular meetings, good attendance, dues paying members, and now club stickers! :bigokay: I might just have to get myself another Beemer.

Regular meetings, good attendance, dues paying members, and now club stickers! :bigokay: I might just have to get myself another Beemer.

It seems like the club has reached a self-sustaining critical mass. I think with the success of the stickers, the club banner you suggested will be approved at the next meeting (that will be cool to take to rallies).

A couple people have suggested club t-shirts.

Remember, we are not meeting on the first Thursday in January (New Year's Day). We will be meeting on the third Thursday (the 15th).

See you then.

Rich

Back