• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

EAST TX: East Texas BMW+ Motorcycle Club Meeting First Thursday

I saw from the off ramp that the case hadn't fallen off.

When do you want to fix that?

Does this qualify as a thread hijack?

If so, is there some sort of penalty?

Yes there is a penalty, you have to go back into my bike.

Saturday or Sunday morning.

Rich

Nice bike Glenn!

Good meet-up, 12 bikes & 14 people on a cold January night. The last couple of years we had 4 people show up on nights like this - the club is growing.

We are buying more stickers and a 4' x 5' banner with the club logo. We are also up to 21 members! Up from 13 last year.

However, it was a cold 40-mile ride home.

Several years ago ET BMW + used to average a dozen or more members each month. I could see the club was bad off when I went to a meeting just a couple years ago and was the only one. It's great seeing it growing. :thumb:

A gentleman's bike? Oh great... he bought the wrong one!!:doh:

I beg your pardon. I am the gentleman

517RcCUbaIL._SY450_.jpg

The February meeting of the East Texas BMW+ Club will be held on Thursday, the 5th at Legend's Burgers in Jacksonville (1630 S. Jackson) at 6:30 p.m.

See you there.

I will be there.
Braving the cold without electric gear.
But only because it won't be shipped soon enough.

I'm thinking I might drive, or try to talk someone else into driving, so that I can bring the club banner. It's a little big to lash to the bike.

Several years ago ET BMW + used to average a dozen or more members each month. I could see the club was bad off when I went to a meeting just a couple years ago and was the only one. It's great seeing it growing. :thumb:

For many months it was Rick and I :giveup: Yes, it's good we conned, I mean "encouraged" some suckers, I mean hard workers to revive the club! :clap::rider:

I'm thinking I might drive, or try to talk someone else into driving, so that I can bring the club banner. It's a little big to lash to the bike.

Strap it to the bike!! You would look like one of those banner towing airplanes... just at a lower altitude.:lol2:

Maybe I could strap it across the RT.
Sure would cut down on my lane splitting, though.
It's tempting to ride with Rich, but way more manly to ride.
Quite the dilemma.

Maybe I could strap it across the RT.

Sure would cut down on my lane splitting, though.

It's tempting to ride with Rich, but way more manly to ride.

Quite the dilemma.

Be a man and ride Jeff!

BTW - I'll have the heater on high in the car.

Rich

The March meeting of the East Texas BMW+ Club will be held on Thursday, the 5th at Legend's Burgers in Jacksonville (1630 S. Jackson) at 6:30 p.m.

The projected high for Thursday is 41, up from a forecast of 38 a couple days ago. Should be good riding weather as long as you put on layers and plug in the heated gear if you have it.

See you there.

I know just how you feel. I'm looking forward to it.
Got the RT all ready.

Hey you mean Jacksonville in Texas I need a good ride located in Waco. My GTL Rdy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey you mean Jacksonville in Texas I need a good ride located in Waco. My GTL Rdy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Come on over! Folks usually show up from about 6 to 6:30 p.m. We hang out until 8 if the weather looks good, might leave sooner if it's crappy out.

Back