• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

EAST TX: East Texas BMW+ Motorcycle Club Meeting First Thursday

It figures. Weather is looking great for Thursday :sun: , and I'll be out of town :doh:

Good turnout, we gossiped alot about Bill. Tom gave us the rules, there are no rules; except one and I forgot it.

"The club will have a weekend ride to Arkansas sometime the first half of September - so.... the next weekend, Friday the 11th. I vote for Friday the 11th since everyone will be on the roads on Labor Day weekend..."

That weekend conflicts with the Land of Enchantment Sipapu rally in N-Mexico.
Ya'll still go to that one?

http://loebmwr.org/TheRally/AboutTheRally.aspx

"The club will have a weekend ride to Arkansas sometime the first half of September - so.... the next weekend, Friday the 11th. I vote for Friday the 11th since everyone will be on the roads on Labor Day weekend..."

That weekend conflicts with the Land of Enchantment Sipapu rally in N-Mexico.
Ya'll still go to that one?

http://loebmwr.org/TheRally/AboutTheRally.aspx

The club hasn't made a run to that rally, at least not in the last few years. The Arkansas trip will be the first club ride we have done since the club started back up in 2012.

BTW - We added another member last week, Jack Sullivan joined. We are now at 38 members! I was surprised when we broke 20!

There anyone riding to Top of the Rockies Rally or MOA Rally this year?
Posted via Mobile Device

There anyone riding to Top of the Rockies Rally or MOA Rally this year?
Posted via Mobile Device

I don't know of anyone going to MOA from East Texas, but a couple of guys have talked about the Top of the Rockies. I'll see if they are still thinking about going.

Rich

The July meeting of the East Texas BMW+ Club will be held this Thursday, the 2nd at Legend's Burgers in Jacksonville (1630 S. Jackson) at 6:30 p.m.

The club has a website - http://www.etbmw.org/ - if you have ideas, pictures, video, etc., for content, pass them to me or Steve.

The club has a facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/etbmw - Steve & I are not the best people to manage a Facebook page. If you have ideas or would like to the be admin, drop us a line!

The club will have a weekend ride to Arkansas, probably the second weekend of September (Friday the 11th). The Shreveport BMW Club (Redriver BMW Riders) are going to Mountain View, Arkansas (Piney Wood Lodge) that weekend. That might be a good destination for us as well.

I will miss the July meeting as I have Grandpa duty & I have to attend a wedding that day. Steve (or someone else) will have club stickers for any new members.

Hope you can make the meeting.

The Tenere is getting some warranty work done so I may be in the truck, but I hope to be present.

I'll be in J'ville tomorrow and hope to meet you guys. I live in Houston and spend my weekends in J'vill at the lake. Would really like to do some day rides with you.

From what I heard there were 18 in attendance. A whole lot better when we used to have four people show up. I will be there next time.

And a whole better then When just one would make a meeting. That's when I wondered if the club was going to make it. Great to see the growth of membership.

Last edited:
The August meeting of the East Texas BMW+ Club will be held this Thursday, the 6th at Legend's Burgers in Jacksonville (1630 S. Jackson) at 6:30 p.m.

The club will have a weekend ride to Arkansas, the second weekend of September (Friday the 11th). The Shreveport BMW Club (Red River BMW Riders) are going to Mountain View, Arkansas (Piney Wood Lodge) that weekend. That might be a good destination for us as well.

Hope you can make the meeting.

Looks like there is much more interest in a camping ride to Arkansas than a stay in cabins, so we'll be camping. We will leave (from the East Texas area) early on the morning of Friday, September 11th and return on Sunday the 13th. We will probably camp the first night at Cove Lake Recreation Area near Magazine Mountain, and camp the second night at Queen Wilhelmina State Park, with A LOT of riding in between. Both parks have showers & rest room facilities and lots of camp sites and we can get several bikes into one site. Right now I know of three definites and three strong maybes. Let me know if you want to ride along. We can break up into small groups for the rides if we have a lot of riders.

Also, there is interest in riding to:

the BMW Rider's Association (RA) Rally at Harrison, AR the first weekend in October (the rally runs from 1 - 4 Oct) - camping,

the Swamp Scooter Rally in Louisiana, Nov 6 - 8 - camping,

the Barber Vintage Festival in Birmingham, AL, Oct 9-11 - motel.

Let me know if you are interested in any of the above rides.

Back