• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

EAST TX: East Texas BMW+ Motorcycle Club Meeting First Thursday

I would like to join this club how do I go about it. Thanks jack

Jack,

First of all, you can go with us on rides and attend the monthly meeting (much more a get-together to eat & chat) without formally joining.

But to join, show up at a meeting with $10 ($15 for family membership), and you are officially on the rolls. You'll get a nifty club sticker and we will email you club updates (much the same info we post here).

Feel free to join us for the ride tomorrow if you can make it. I can't make the ride this month, got a family obligation.

I should of added, $10 a calendar year. And we are happy to have you join our little band of misfits. Mostly BMWs, with a healthy mix of Triumphs, Yamahas, Aprillas, KLRs, Ducatis, Suzukis, and at least one Wing. No Harley's that I know of, plus we have that line in our bylaws about no loud pipes...

And it was a good ride. The Pickett House fried chicken is as good as you'll find anywhere.
I finished the day with a tad more than 315 miles on the odo.

If you didn't go, you missed a great day...pictures attached.

Attachments

• 20160319_115114a.jpg
    20160319_115114a.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 269
  • 20160319_115133a.jpg
    20160319_115133a.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 277
  • 20160319_122342a.jpg
    20160319_122342a.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 273
  • 20160319_122435a.jpg
    20160319_122435a.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 265
  • 20160319_122412a.jpg
    20160319_122412a.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 260
I'm sorry I missed out. I was not having fun driving to Houston and back. I'd rather been cutting down an FM on my K75S with y'all!

I found out about the ride Friday night . I had prior commitments did manage140 miles that day visiting older family members not many left.

Ron's route was outstanding! Not sort-of outstanding, or almost outstanding. Outstanding!
And I can't remember ever having better store-bought chicken.
about 320 miles door-to-door..

The April meeting of the East Texas BMW+ Motorcycle Club will be held this Thursday, the 7th at Legend's Burgers in Jacksonville (1630 S. Jackson) at 6:30 p.m.

No ideas at the moment for a Third Saturday Ride for April. Feel free to send a proposed route to me & Ron.

Planning for the Fourth Annual Texas National Picnic on May 21st. We have about 100 door prizes on hand, with a few more inbound, and well over 200 freebie giveaways. The current event sponsors are at the bottom of the email.

There will be a work day this Saturday, April 9th to help sort and organize the door prizes & the thank you letters to the vendors. We will meet at Hairsmith's garage/house around 9:30/10 in the morning. Email me for his address in Nacogdoches if you plan to help out. We have also heard from the DFW, Houston, San Antonio, and Oklahoma BMW clubs and many plan to attend. We will also be discussing the idea of turning the one-day Texas National Picnic into a Friday-to-Sunday in 2017.

I hope we see you at the meeting, the TSR (maybe?), and the TNP (and working party).

Rich

Current TNP sponsor list: Adaptiv Technologies, Abus, Air Hawk, Arai, Best Rest Products, BMW MOA, BMW Motorcycles of North Dallas, Bullrack, Butler Maps, Cycle Gear, Euro Motoelectrics, Giant Loop Moto, Kathy's Journey Designs, Motolight, Motorcycle Gear, Piggybackstraps, Road Runner Travel, Rocky Mountain ATV, Texas Adventure Rider, SFASU Admissions, SFASU Alumni Association, Spiegler USA, Stop-N-Go, Weego, Wolfman Motorcycle Luggage, Wunderlich America.

ETBMW+MC Spring Campout is taking place at Iron Mountain Campground (CMA)in Hatfield, Ar.

We plan on riding up on Friday the 22nd and returning Sunday the 24th. Of course you can come up on Saturday and stay as long as you want.

The website for the campground is http://www.cmausa.org/iron-mountain/

We don't need to make reservations for tent sites since they have many available.

They do have a couple cabins if you don't tent camp or hammock.

Jack,

I don't think we have any members in Longview yet. We've got one in Kilgore, but he's probably on his way to MotoGP in Austin.

Will anyone be going tomorrow from the Longview area thought I would meet up. Thanks Jack

Jack, normally I ride down to the meetings. However, Jessica is ending her year as president of our regional press association and she'll be hosting a reception tonight at our annual convention, so I'll be there as First Gentleman.
(I can't get away to motoGP until Saturday afternoon.)
Skip will be riding to the BMW+ meeting from Overton (the Arlington of East Texas) and sometimes Clark Langley goes from here but I don't think he's going tonight.

Good meet-up! Fifteen in attendance and three new members- welcome ML, Jack, & Wes.

The May meeting of the East Texas BMW+ Motorcycle Club will be held this Thursday, the 5th at Legend's Burgers in Jacksonville (1630 S. Jackson) at 6:30 p.m.

No Third Saturday Ride this month, instead we will be holding the Fourth Annual Texas National Picnic on May 21st at Love's Lookout park, just north of Jacksonville on US 69. We have over $2,500 in door prizes, with lots of freebie giveaways. Bring something to throw on the grill or bring a burger or sub. We will fire up the grill about noon. Some of us will be at the park by 9 a.m. We are expecting riders from San Antonio, Dallas/Ft Worth, Houston, and other parks of Texas, Louisiana, and Oklahoma.

I hope we see you at the meeting and definitely at the Texas National Picnic.

We had a good meeting with about 19 or more in attendance.

We picked up two new members last night, Craig & J.D, and one renewing member, Kent. We are up to 30 paid members for the year.

Don't forget the Texas National Picnic on Saturday the 21st at Love's Lookout Park. It's gonna be a hoot!

Also, we are planning to ride to Huntsville on the Third Saturday Ride in June, on the 18th. We are going in two groups, one to stick to streets and one will do a light dual sport ride. More details to come.

Back