• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

EAST TX: East Texas BMW+ Motorcycle Club Meeting First Thursday

Here are the scheduled ETBMW+MC club rides for 2021.
Note: The monthly club meeting is the first Thursday of the month at 6:30ish at Legends Old Time Burger Cafe is at 1630 S Jackson St, Jacksonville, TX 75766.

January 16, The Haystack, Reklaw
Breakfast-ride on your own, meet at the restaurant at 9.
760 S Main St, Reklaw, TX 75784

February 20, Sam's Restaurant Fairfield
Lunch-leave Legends at 9 am, plan to arrive at the restaurant at 11 or ride on your own.
390 Interstate 45 Frontage Road, Fairfield, TX 75840

March 20, Kinfolks Restaurant, Nacogdoches
Lunch-leave Legends at 9 am, plan to arrive at the restaurant at 11 or ride on your own.
4817 NW Stallings Dr, Nacogdoches, TX 75964

April 17, Jack Rabbit Grill, Ore City
NOTE: They open at 11 a.m.
16420 TX-155, Ore City, TX 75683

May 15, Tiffany's at Lake Fork, near Alba
Breakfast-ride on your own, meet at the restaurant at 9.
271 County Road 1558, Alba, Texas 75410

June 19, BBQ at Woody's Smokehouse, Centerville
947 W St Marys St, Centerville, TX 75833

July 17, Fugler's Feed Trough
Breakfast ride on your own, plan to arrive at the restaurant at 9.
near Carthage, TX, close to Lake Murvaul
4049 FM 1970, Carthage, TX 75633

August 21, Miss Mollie's Cafe, Alto
201 San Antonio Rd, Alto, TX 75925

September 18, Fried chicken and dumplings, The Picket House, Woodville
206 US-190, Woodville, TX 75979

October 16, 7th Street Restaurant, Cushing
754 7th St, Cushing, TX 75760

November 20, The shed, Edom
The shed café, Edom 8337 FM 279, Brownsboro, TX 75756

December 18, Moose head cafe, Crockett
412 E Houston Ave, Crockett, TX 75835

The March meeting of the East Texas BMW+ Motorcycle Club will be held this Thursday, the 4th at Legend's Burgers in Jacksonville (1630 S. Jackson) at 6:30 p.m.

The club ride is on Saturday, March 20, to Kinfolks Restaurant, Nacogdoches.
4817 NW Stallings Dr, Nacogdoches, TX 75964

The April meeting of the East Texas BMW+ Motorcycle Club will be held this Thursday, the 1st at Legend's Burgers in Jacksonville (1630 S. Jackson) at 6:30 p.m.

The club ride is on Saturday, April 17 to the Jack Rabbit Grill, Ore City.
NOTE: They open at 11 a.m.
16420 TX-155, Ore City, TX 75683

The June meeting of the East Texas BMW+ Motorcycle Club will be held this Thursday, the 3rd at Legend's Burgers in Jacksonville (1630 S. Jackson) at 6:30 p.m.

The club ride is on Saturday, June 19, for BBQ at Woody's Smokehouse, Centerville.
947 W St Marys St, Centerville, TX 75833

I looked at Fugler's Facebook page. A post on June 8 showed their new hours.

Sunday and Monday closed
Wednesday 7 am- 2 pm
Tuesday and Thursday 7am-7 pm
Friday and Saturday 7 am- 9 pm

Their most recent post was on June 12 about their specials.

I looked at Fugler's Facebook page. A post on June 8 showed their new hours.

Sunday and Monday closed
Wednesday 7 am- 2 pm
Tuesday and Thursday 7am-7 pm
Friday and Saturday 7 am- 9 pm

Their most recent post was on June 12 about their specials.
Excellent - glad they're up and running.

The July meeting of the East Texas BMW+ Motorcycle Club will be held this Thursday, the 1st at Legend's Burgers in Jacksonville (1630 S. Jackson) at 6:30 p.m.

The club ride is on Saturday, July 17, Fugler's Feed Trough.
near Carthage, TX, close to Lake Murvaul
4049 FM 1970, Carthage, TX 75633

We were going to meet up at Fugler's Feed Trough on the 17th, but they are closing for good this week. Instead we are going to
Miss Mollie's Cafe in Alto.

Thanks for the heads-up Rich. I guess things went south for Fugler's since I called them, shame 'bout that as it was a great diner.

See y'all at Miss Mollie's.

Last edited:
I have some very elementary questions about the East Texas BMW Plus Motorcycle Club because I am completely new to all of this. I live in Tyler, Texas and just recently purchased a used 2017 BMW R1200GSA. This is my very first "big" motorcycle, and I am hoping to meet like minded people that share interest in adventure riding.

I have never been in any type of club, and have absolutely no idea about what is discussed, how long are the meetings, or what even takes place at the organized meetings. Do I need to sign up to become a member of the East Texas BMW Plus Motorcycle Club before going to any meetings or events? If so, when and where? Can one of you shed some light on my questions?

Carlos

Last edited:
I have some very elementary questions about the East Texas BMW Plus Motorcycle Club because I am completely new to all of this. I live in Tyler, Texas and just recently purchased a used 2017 BMW R1200GSA. This is my very first "big" motorcycle, and I am hoping to meet like minded people that share interest in adventure riding.

I have never been in any type of club, and have absolutely no idea about what is discussed, how long are the meetings, or what even takes place at the organized meetings. Do I need to sign up to become a member of the East Texas BMW Plus Motorcycle Club before going to any meetings or events? If so, when and where? Can one of you shed some light on my questions?

Carlos
Carlos,

We are a VERY informal group. We do not abide by Robert's Rules of Order.

Most importantly, we have a ride tomorrow morning (Sat, July 17) to Miss Mollie's Cafe in Alto, meeting up the restaurant about 9 a.m., 201 San Antonio Rd, Alto, TX 75925. Please feel free to join us for breakfast. I have no idea how many folks will show up. Unfortunately, I will not be there as I have a date to go kayaking with my daughter. If you go, and I encourage you to go, look for the guys with the helmets, & riding jackets & pants. A lot of us do All The Gear All The Time.

On the first Thursday of every month we meet in Jacksonville at Legend's Burgers around 6 to 6:30 p.m. for a very informal get-together, that we refer to as a meeting. We usually stay until they start sweeping the floor and lock the door. Dues are $10 a calendar year, but you can attend every meeting, ride, and camping trip and not pay dues. The dues just gives the club some "Walking around money" so we can occasionally pay for a picnic for the group. However, in August we are going to meet at a member's house in Palestine for the club meeting. I will be posting more on that.

As you can see from the posts above, we try to have a ride somewhere each month. We have a couple weekend campouts in the works for next year, one in the spring and one in the fall. A group of us are also going to the national BMW Motorcycle Owners of America rally in Springfield, MO, next June. I'm planning for about a week on the road, with three days of that at the rally. It should be a hoot.

There are a few guys in the club with R1200 bikes, an St, a few RTs, and a few GSs. Plus lots of other models and brands. Some do routine work on their bikes (oil & tires), some do more involved maintenance, and some go to the dealer for most everything. We have a few members in the greater Tyler area, from Chapel Hill, over to Overton, and down to Whitehouse (three or four in the Whitehouse Metroplex). (I expect one member to post back here that Overton isn't part of Tyler...) We also have members in Kilgore, Lindale, Nacogdoches, Waco, south of Dallas, Houston, etc., all over greater East Texas.

I look forward to meeting & getting to know you, and riding, riding, riding.

Please feel free to email me at detbmw at gmail.com

Overton is actually the Arlington of East Texas, positioned (more or less) between Tyler and Longview. That's what Skip says; it must be accurate.

For August, WE ARE NOT MEETING AT LEGEND'S.

We are meeting at Tom & Shirley Willis' house in Palestine this Thursday, the 5th.
PM me or email me ( detbmw at gmail.com ) for the address.

It should be a lot of fun.

Plan to arrive at 6 p.m. or later. Be warned, if you get there way too early, you might be put to work washing pots & pans or washing/waxing motorcycles.

The August ride is on Saturday the 21st to Miss Mollie's Cafe, Alto.

Rich

The September meeting of the East Texas BMW+ Motorcycle Club will be held this Thursday, the 2nd at Legend's Burgers in Jacksonville (1630 S. Jackson) at 6:30 p.m.

The club ride is on Saturday, September 18, to The Picket House, Woodville for fried chicken and dumplings. Lunch ride-leave Legends at 9 am, plan to arrive at the restaurant at 11 or ride on your own.
206 US-190, Woodville, TX 75979

The October meeting of the East Texas BMW+ Motorcycle Club will be held this Thursday, the 7th at Legend's Burgers in Jacksonville (1630 S. Jackson) at 6:30 p.m.

The club ride is on Saturday, October 16, to 7th Street Restaurant, Cushing. Lunch ride-leave Legends at 9 am, plan to arrive at the restaurant at 11 or ride on your own.
754 7th St, Cushing, TX 75760

The November meeting of the East Texas BMW+ Motorcycle Club will be held this Thursday, the 4th at Legend's Burgers in Jacksonville (1630 S. Jackson) at 6:30 p.m.

The club ride is on Saturday, November 20, to The Shed, Edom. Lunch ride-leave Legends at 9 am, plan to arrive at the restaurant at 11 or ride on your own.
The Shed Café, Edom 8337 FM 279, Brownsboro, TX 75756

We are working on the list of cafes and restaurants for next year. We are looking to drop a few and add some new ones:
Wright On Taco, Harleton
The New Pier, White Oak
Kitt's Kornbread Sandwich and Pie Bar, Jefferson (Did I mention the Pie Bar?)
Lake Murvaul Campground Marina & Restaurant (Homemade chicken & dumplings, fried okra cornbread & dessert.)
All Star Bar-B-Q, Rusk

Last edited:
Back