• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

EAST TX: East Texas BMW+ Motorcycle Club Meeting First Thursday

Has a new restaurant been picked to replace the now-closed The Shed in Edom? I thought it was the All Star BBQ in Rusk, planning on going but making sure whether I'm right.

Yes, All Star BBQ in Rusk. I called and they are still open and they open at 11 on Saturdays.

The December meeting of the East Texas BMW+ Motorcycle Club will be held this Thursday, the 2nd at Legend's Burgers in Jacksonville (1630 S. Jackson) at 6:30 p.m.

The club ride is on Saturday, December 18, to the Moose Head Cafe, in Crockett. Lunch ride-leave Legends at 9 am, plan to arrive at the restaurant at 11 or ride on your own.
Moose Head Cafe, 412 E Houston Ave, Crockett, TX 75835

PLEASE NOTE: THE CLUB MEETING LOCATION IS AT WHATABURGER.

The February meeting of the East Texas BMW+ Motorcycle Club will be held this Thursday, the 3rd at Whataburger in Jacksonville (627 S Jackson St, Jacksonville, TX 75766) at 6:30 p.m.

The club ride is on Saturday, February 19, to Wright On Taco, Harleton.
Lunch-leave Legends at 9 am, plan to arrive at the restaurant at 11 or ride on your own.
17227 TX-154, Harleton, TX 75651

Here are the club Saturday rides for 2022.

January 15, Kinfolks Restaurant, Nacogdoches
Lunch-leave Legends at 9 am, plan to arrive at the restaurant at 11 or ride on your own.
4817 NW Stallings Dr, Nacogdoches, TX 75964

February 19, Wright On Taco, Harleton
17227 TX-154, Harleton, TX 75651

March 19, Fully Loaded Foods, Madisonville
NOTE: They open at 11 a.m.
3305 E Main St, Madisonville, TX 77864

April 16, Texas National Picnic, Love's Lookout Picnic Area, North of Jacksonville
NOTE: Bring your own food & drink, we will bring charcoal for the grill.
Lunch-11 or so to 1 or so
43822 US-69, Jacksonville, TX 75766

May 21, The New Pier, White Oak
705 W US Hwy 80, White Oak

June 18, Miss Mollie's Cafe, Alto
Breakfast ride on your own, plan to arrive at the restaurant at 9.
201 San Antonio Rd, Alto, TX 75925

July 16, Lake Murvaul Campground Marina & Restaurant, Carthage
NOTE: Limited inside seating, we may sit outside at picnic tables.
near Carthage, TX, close to Lake Murvaul
638 FM 1234, Carthage, TX 75633

August 20, Beverly's Country Cafe, Jacksonville
1712 S Jackson St, Jacksonville, TX 75766

September 17, Fried chicken and dumplings, The Picket House, Woodville
206 US-190, Woodville, TX 75979

October 15, Jack Rabbit Grill, Ore City
16420 TX-155, Ore City, TX 75683

November 19, Kitt's Kornbread Sandwich and Pie Bar, Jefferson
Lunch-leave Legends at 9 m, plan to arrive at the restaurant at 11 or ride on your own.
125 N Polk St, Jefferson, TX 75657

December 17, Moose head cafe, Crockett
412 E Houston Ave, Crockett, TX 75835

The March meeting of the East Texas BMW+ Motorcycle Club will be held this Thursday, the 3rd at Whataburger in Jacksonville (627 S Jackson St, Jacksonville, TX 75766) at 6:30 p.m.

The club ride is on Saturday, March 19, to Fully Loaded Foods, in Madisonville.
3305 E Main St, Madisonville, TX 77864

The April meeting of the East Texas BMW+ Motorcycle Club will be held this Thursday, the 7th at Whataburger in Jacksonville (627 S Jackson St, Jacksonville, TX 75766) at 6:30 p.m.

On the third Saturday, April 16, we will hold the Texas National Picnic at Love's Lookout Picnic Area, north of Jacksonville on US-69.
Plan for lunch around 11 or so until 1 or so.
Love's Lookout is located at 43822 US-69, Jacksonville, TX 75766.

The April meeting of the East Texas BMW+ Motorcycle Club will be held this Thursday, the 7th at Whataburger in Jacksonville (627 S Jackson St, Jacksonville, TX 75766) at 6:30 p.m.

On the third Saturday, April 16, we will hold the Texas National Picnic at Love's Lookout Picnic Area, north of Jacksonville on US-69.
Plan for lunch around 11 or so until 1 or so.
Love's Lookout is located at 43822 US-69, Jacksonville, TX 75766.
Hello, newbie around the forums and newbie rider in general. Are these meetups open to all bikes or just BMWs? Also do y’all still plan on meeting with the storms pending? I’m guessing it’s a play by ear situation. Thx!

Hello, newbie around the forums and newbie rider in general. Are these meetups open to all bikes or just BMWs? Also do y’all still plan on meeting with the storms pending? I’m guessing it’s a play by ear situation. Thx!

Yes, riders on something other than BMWs are certainly welcome! That's the + in our club name, Plus other makes of bikes.

Our monthly meeting was last week (first Thursday), but we are having a picnic this Saturday at Love's Lookout, just north of Jacksonville on US 69. You are most welcome to join us there.

Our monthly meeting was last week (first Thursday), but we are having a picnic this Saturday at Love's Lookout, just north of Jacksonville on US 69. You are most welcome to join us there.
Hi Rich,

My girlfriend and I plan on stopping by on Saturday. I may bring others from the 3rd Saturday Breakfast with me. Look forward to seeing you.

-Jeff

Hi Rich,

My girlfriend and I plan on stopping by on Saturday. I may bring others from the 3rd Saturday Breakfast with me. Look forward to seeing you.

-Jeff
Great! Look forward to seeing you!

Yes, riders on something other than BMWs are certainly welcome! That's the + in our club name, Plus other makes of bikes.

My wife and I accidentally crashed your BMW party, today, on our Yamaha adventure bikes! Martin introduced us to ya’ll! It was a pleasure meeting all of y’all! Hope everyone had a safe day of riding and eating!!!

My wife and I accidentally crashed your BMW party, today, on our Yamaha adventure bikes! Martin introduced us to ya’ll! It was a pleasure meeting all of y’all! Hope everyone had a safe day of riding and eating!!!
It was nice to meet you! Hope you had a safe trip home.

The May meeting of the East Texas BMW+ Motorcycle Club will be held this Thursday, the 5th at Whataburger in Jacksonville (627 S Jackson St, Jacksonville, TX 75766) at 6:30 p.m.

The club ride is on Saturday, May 21, to The New Pier, in White Oak.
705 W US Hwy 80, White Oak

A group of us are riding up to the 2022 MOA Rally, held 16-18 June at the Ozark Empire Fairgrounds, in Springfield, Missouri.
We will be leaving on Tuesday, June 14th, spending Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday morning riding Arkansas & Missouri roads, and arrive at the rally on the 16th.
We will be camping en route and at the rally. We are planning for a one-day trip back to East Texas on Sunday the 19th. I'm still working on details for the route.

One rider just wants to ride the first two days with us and not attend the rally. Please let me know if you are interested in riding along.

Has a new restaurant been picked to replace the now-closed The Shed in Edom? I thought it was the All Star BBQ in Rusk, planning on going but making sure whether I'm right.
I live pretty close to Edom. I think there is new ownership of the Shed. The former owner also opened a restaurant called Netties Place in Chandler.

But there is a cool place a little further down the road called The Forge in Ben Wheeler. They usually have live music and its a neat little town. Lots of bikes come from Dallas to have lunch on weekends there.

The June meeting of the East Texas BMW+ Motorcycle Club will be held this Thursday, the 2nd at Whataburger in Jacksonville (627 S Jackson St, Jacksonville, TX 75766) at 6:30 p.m.

The club ride is on Saturday, June 18, to Miss Mollie's Cafe, in Alto.
201 San Antonio Rd, Alto, TX 75925

A group of us are riding up to the 2022 MOA Rally, held 16-18 June at the Ozark Empire Fairgrounds, in Springfield, Missouri.
We will be leaving early on Tuesday, June 14th, spending Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday morning riding Arkansas & Missouri roads, and arrive at the rally on the 16th.
We will be camping en route and at the rally. We are planning for a one-day trip back to East Texas on Sunday the 19th. Please contact me directly if you plan to ride with us to the rally.

One rider just wants to ride the first two days with us and not attend the rally. Please let me know if you are interested in riding along.

The July meeting of the East Texas BMW+ Motorcycle Club will be held this Thursday, the 7th at Whataburger in Jacksonville (627 S Jackson St, Jacksonville, TX 75766) at 6:30 p.m.

The club ride is on Saturday, July 16, to Lake Murvaul Campground Marina & Restaurant, south of Carthage.
South of Carthage, TX, close to Lake Murvaul
638 FM 1234, Carthage, TX 75633
NOTE: Limited inside seating, we may sit outside at picnic tables.

The August meeting of the East Texas BMW+ Motorcycle Club will be held this Thursday, the 4th at Whataburger in Jacksonville (627 S Jackson St, Jacksonville, TX 75766) at 6:30 p.m.

The club ride is on Saturday, August 20, to Beverly's Country Cafe, in Jacksonville.
1712 S Jackson St, Jacksonville, TX 75766

The September meeting of the East Texas BMW+ Motorcycle Club will be held this Thursday, the 1st at Whataburger in Jacksonville (627 S Jackson St, Jacksonville, TX 75766) at 6:30 p.m.

The club ride is on Saturday, September 17, for fried chicken and dumplings, at The Pickett House, Woodville.

The club ride is this Saturday. A group of us will be leaving from the parking lot of Legends Burgers on Saturday at 9 a.m., for a fun, twisty, two-hour ride down to Woodville. Hope to see you there!

The club ride is on Saturday, September 17, for fried chicken and dumplings, at The Pickett House, Woodville.

The four of us at table 9 took an oath that we would vouch for each other. We will all swear that we had Keto shakes and garden salads for lunch.

Attachments

• CDBAE65D-E484-437C-84D0-6FD9B56E3D98.jpeg
    CDBAE65D-E484-437C-84D0-6FD9B56E3D98.jpeg
    476.8 KB · Views: 87
Had 12 riders show up for the ride from Jacksonville to Woodville. Great group ride down. Two of us came back via the Sam Rayburn Dam, then up through Etoile & Woden. I think a good time was had by all. About 330 miles for me (YMMV). I'm guessing more than 300 for all 12 riders.

IMG_5130.jpg

Last edited:
The four of us at table 9 took an oath that we would vouch for each other. We will all swear that we had Keto shakes and garden salads for lunch.

At our table we had a second helping of fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, and greens. And I went through a couple peach cobblers.

Last edited:
Back