• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

EAST TX: East Texas Dirt Ride - 9/28/19 KSU 9:00am Smileys Shell Station at FM 247/980 in Huntsville

I had an 04 V-Strom 650. I hated riding it off the pavement. It just never felt right to me. Some folks love them though. My GS feels WAY better off the pavement even though it is a much larger and heavier bike.

Reactions: brg
I had an 04 V-Strom 650. I hated riding it off the pavement. It just never felt right to me. Some folks love them though. My GS feels WAY better off the pavement even though it is a much larger and heavier bike.
That's what I say about the Tenere. Huge difference between my Strom 1K and my Tenere . Also have ridden BWDMAX 's 650 and it didn't seem much better.

Well I want to get something more off road oriented, then I can say for sure....I know I prefer the Scrambler because it has a lower center of gravity.

Well I want to get something more off road oriented, then I can say for sure....I know I prefer the Scrambler because it has a lower center of gravity.
If I were you I would ask to ride different bikes. That way you'll get a better idea of what you really want.

Ya know, I thought about offering you a turn on my 990 but it would be like giving crack to an addict. Your wife would never forgive me...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Ya know, I thought about offering you a turn on my 990 but it would be like giving crack to an addict. Your wife would never forgive me...

You know, I don't know why I've never asked you to ride that thing! Wow....maybe I am on crack. Does that still exist? It's like opiods or meth these days right?

Super Tenere ,KTM 500 XC-W , tw200 ct70. Other people will let you ride their bikes.
I'm always tooling around with @my6 he's offered to let me try his 430exc. I just haven't gotten around to it. I'm gonna try that 990 since he broached the subject!!!! :pirate: :flip:

Reactions: my6
I have a 430? I better go look...

Reactions: JMZ
Heck I haven't even ridden the darn thing yet.

Heck I haven't even ridden the darn thing yet.

I'm need to try it seriously though. Maybe that's what I'm looking for...it would look cool next to the other bikes regardless.

Once you ride it, you'll want it. That's why I rarely ride other people's bikes. [emoji57]

Once you ride it, you'll want it. That's why I rarely ride other people's bikes. [emoji57]

This has happened to me on more than one occasion... :zen:

Reactions: my6

100% agree. I had an '07 DL650 and it wasn't even in the same ballpark as the GS in regards to confidence on dirt. But I will say that I have witnessed @Dao on this forum ride some very challenging terrain on his strom, and he made it look easy.

I was totally happy in the forest with my Honda CRE250, then I took a few loops on KTM 300 EXC. Two weeks later I had one.

You don't know the half of me buddy...[emoji41]

I was totally happy in the forest with my Honda CRE250, then I took a few loops on KTM 300 EXC. Two weeks later I had one.

My only real single track trail riding experience had been on my KTM 530 EXC out at Cloudcroft. Then Rsquared let me ride his 2017 KTM 300 (two stroke, not sure about all the letters) in the SHNF trails. OMG!! :shock: All of a sudden I felt like a trail riding hero!! To make matter worse, a month or two later Woodsguy had almost the exact same bike for sale at a great price. I came reeeeeaaaaal close to buying that bike. The only thing that stopped me was money and the realization that I rarely get the chance to go trail riding to begin with, so the bike would end up spending a lot of time in the garage like my 530 EXC.

Back