• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

East Texas DS Loop

This was a verified track in 2013.

We ran it as a two day staying overnight in Rusk, and man was it an adventure. We spent 4 hours extracting ourselves from the mud on 2425 and cut the bulk of the western roads out of the trip.

Still had fun.

The GPX viewer link below only shows the first track. All my GPX files have multiple tracks. The file works fine.

GPX viewer

Attachments

• ET750v2.gpx
    972.4 KB · Views: 216
Mike, post your gpx file. I'm getting ideas.

I converted the kml file to gpx, so I have it now.

Thank you, though! It's a nice tight little track!

The GPX viewer link below only shows the first track. All my GPX files have multiple tracks. The file works fine.

I've tried to convince the author of the GPX viewer add on that the ability to display more than one track would be nice, but he just doesn't want to do it :shrug: So, you basically have to create a file that has all the tracks cut/pasted together to make one large track if you want to see it all at once.

Possible future ride. More later.

Estimated rote:

Have you actually ridden the entire route? I was just up in the area North and NW of Crockett and noticed that roads on my GPS map that showed as going through weren't always open to the public.

The area between Austonio and Pennington will have a lot of sand. If it is really dry, it can be a real challenge on a big bike. If it is really wet, it can be a challenge on any bike. The right tires make a world of difference!

Yes, we did the whole route as shown. However there is one section that was routed through private land used for hunting (they opened a gate on one end to let us out). Note sure where that section was but does need to be avoided. Otherwise, it was all good and fun.

Yes, we did the whole route as shown. However there is one section that was routed through private land used for hunting (they opened a gate on one end to let us out). Note sure where that section was but does need to be avoided. Otherwise, it was all good and fun.

I think that might be in the NW section near Houston County Lake. I recall passing a gate where we would have come out had we stayed on the route I originally intended to take and thinking it was a hunting lease or private ranch.

I'm down for something this year... sometime this year. I have a lot on the plate at the moment but I need to spin the wheels again soon.

Back