• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

East Texas Dual Sport rides

How about an over nighter so we can really fill that need?

If you're GPS inclined, take a look at the attached GPX file in Mapsource-Basecamp or whatever. It starts in Groveton and runs about 200 miles through the forest. For these roads I'm guessing that's a day's ride with a little slack time for flats, mechanicals and lunch. Gas and essentials should be easy. This current track is version 2-1. I surely welcome revisions and recommendations from folks who know this area or just want to go ride it. It's time to build us a new East Texas ride.

*The file includes five smaller side tracks shown in red. These are roads that may - or may not -"go thru." They could be private or they may be some really cool public trails. Only way I know how to find out is go ride em and see what they actually look like. :trust:

GPX viewer

Attachments

• CrocketNFv2-1.gpx
    88.7 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
V.2-1 is still only computer map work. The main track was cross checked using txdot road maps so it should be entirely rideable. Our challenge now is discovering/mapping those cool little forest trails that are legal roads or right of ways and adding them to the main track while removing egregious pavement and overly developed roads.

Here's an overlay of the day ride I just did (2022 Davy Crockett Loop), @Tourmeister's (Davy Crockett NF Tour) and your's (CrocketNFv2-1). Scott's and mine are proven, so can eliminate those as good. Say when!

GPX viewer

Attachments

• 2022 DavyCrockettLoop vs Davy Crocckett NF Tour vs CrocketNFv2.gpx
    1 MB · Views: 120
Riding Davy Crockett National Forest on Sunday. Meeting at the Rusk Whataburger/711 134 south Dickinson Dr.

Attachments

• IMG_5261.jpeg
    IMG_5261.jpeg
    325.5 KB · Views: 58
Back