• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Easter Lilly

M38A1

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
...well, that's what I'm calling it but the wife says Water Lilly. I say Easter Water Lilly then.

i-dtQPBgB-L.jpg

Very nice, Scott. I just wish it didn't have the tree debris in the water and around the flower, not that you could have done anything about that.

Very nice, Scott. I just wish it didn't have the tree debris in the water and around the flower, not that you could have done anything about that.

Cropping... ;-)

By Japanese aesthetics, the picture is excellent.

In a motorcycle review I was reading just the other day, the author was attempting to relate a feeling about the roadster's design and digressed into a discussion of wabi-sabi -- the notion that impermanence, imperfection and incompleteness make something more beautiful. Examples are the asymmetry of faces, roughness or irregularity, economy and simplicity that combine to create an appreciation of objects, specially those found in nature.

Using those criteria, the slightly off-center framing of the blossom provides the asymmetry. The imperfection of the bits of debris makes the blossom petals finer by contrast and the water more glassy. We share a moment with the flower in full bloom, knowing it will soon whither and decay.

Such a color.

I'm so glad I can see this pic. For some reason this is the first of your pictures that I'm able to see on any of my Mac devices ( iPad, MacBook, or iPhone). I've been sorry to have missed them.

I agree about the debris in the water. If it weren't there it would look somehow staged. Beautiful! You have a talent. Thanks for sharing it.

MCB

Thanks for the comments.... I'm liking Mac's description about how the debris enhances the Lilly experience!

By Japanese aesthetics, the picture is excellent.

In a motorcycle review I was reading just the other day, the author was attempting to relate a feeling about the roadster's design and digressed into a discussion of wabi-sabi -- the notion that impermanence, imperfection and incompleteness make something more beautiful. Examples are the asymmetry of faces, roughness or irregularity, economy and simplicity that combine to create an appreciation of objects, specially those found in nature.

Using those criteria, the slightly off-center framing of the blossom provides the asymmetry. The imperfection of the bits of debris makes the blossom petals finer by contrast and the water more glassy. We share a moment with the flower in full bloom, knowing it will soon whither and decay.

Such a color.

Ahhhhhh, so eloquently stated! There are no "wrong" photos - beauty is in the eyes of the beholder!

Beautiful photo, Scott!

:sun:

Back