• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Ed's Place, Taylor, TX

brianh

Reaction score
What: An old cozy bar with excellent cheeseburgers. You can get any beverage you want just as long as it's beer in bottles or cans. When you order your food, Ed himself (at least I think that's who he is) gets up from whatever table he's sitting (he likes to hang out with the customers) and goes to the kitchen to cook it up. The menu is small and simple. I always mean to try something else (like the Mexican hot dog - served in a tortilla instead of a bun) but I just can't get over how good the burgers are. Quite literally hot off the grill. :eat: No fries, but that's OK - they have Lay's potato chips and Fritos, of course.

It's mainly a hangout for the locals and the farmers from the surrounding area. It's not a late-night destination - at 9pm you finish your drink and head for the door.

Where: 209 West 3rd Street, Taylor, TX‎

Directions: If you're heading East on 79, hang a left on Talbot St. and a left on 3rd.

mapdata

I noticed its right in the neighborhood of Louie Mueller BBQ

Two places I'd like to go within about a block of each other :eat:

You know the next time your heading that way, give me a holler. I'm on the way.

Well Mr. C, funny you should say that. I'm going to head over there Thursday (as in day after tomorrow). I should be there by 7pm if you care to join.

Let me see if the wife wants some burgers for dinner on Thursday. I going to miss the M&G at Billy's on Burnet as I am working the store clerk gig at that time. I do want to go. Forecast is , nice.

I just came thru there coming back from Austin. Wish I'd have known about it then, but I'll stop in on my next trip.

Back