• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Eicma 2018

Rsquared

Un-Supervised Slacker
Forum Supporter
I’ll just leave this here...

[ame="https://youtu.be/j0SIvzqIOhs"]You Spoke - KTM Listened | KTM - YouTube[/ame]

woodsguy

Forum Supporter
Yamaha Motor Europe (YME) today introduced the all-new 700 Adventure Touring motorcycle during an exclusive press conference in Milan, Italy, and Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A. (YMUS) announced that this exciting all-new motorcycle would also be produced for the U.S. market. Production for the European model will take place in France, while production for the U.S. model will take place at Yamaha’s factory in Japan. Due to differing government regulatory standards and factory production line schedules, the all-new Ténéré 700 is scheduled to arrive at U.S. dealerships in the second half of 2020.

From Dirt Bike mag.

Crew Chief

Forum Supporter
After this much hype for this long, 2nd half of 2020 seems ridiculous. I hope Kawasaki has something unexpected and interesting.

JQ1.0

Forum Supporter
Yep, if they were in showrooms 1st half 19 I would probably already have a deposit down. 2nd half of 20 is probably beyond my horizon.

Dahveed

Forum Supporter
All the hype for all this time and another 2 years, unreal.
Exactly! Its been rumored for how long? 3 years? I remember seeing "spy photo" of something about 1-2 years ago. And its still 2 years out!

And this is when other companies announce products and they'll be out in 3 months.

KTM's announcing stuff tomorrow, I bet it will be out in 2019. Hopefully early 2019.

Last edited:

Dahveed

Forum Supporter
Well, the Kawa release was a bust. The release date 790 ADV R is still unknown as of this time. Hope it’s not a pig and is available in early 2019!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JQ1.0

Forum Supporter
I’m not sure what the market needs, but I know what I want and nobody seems to have it.

In sunshine and shadow, from darkness till noon
Over mountains that reach from the sky to the moon
A man with a dream that will never let go
Keeps searching to find El Dorado

So ride, boldly ride, to the end of the rainbow
Ride, boldly ride, till you find El Dorado

credit
Nelson Riddle / John Gabriel

South Tex

Forum Supporter
If I was 50lb lighter, I kinda like the crf450l. Seems to check off a lot of boxes. Maybe the aftermarket will make some 3/4 ton springs

pacman

Die with memories, not dreams.
Forum Supporter
I've been watching this one closely for the last few months. MG finally made it official at EICMA18.
CU8jlM3.jpg

[ame="https://youtu.be/uda9zQwvqkA"]EICMA: Moto Guzzi V85 TT First impressions - YouTube[/ame]

Mr2mch

Forum Supporter
THAT....is the beautifully detailed mid sized (well...upper mid) shaft drive ADV bike we've mostly been asking for. At a bit over 500 lbs gassed up its in the ballpark with a V Strom 1000. Horsepower near 90 & bunches of torque. Looks very usable in most riding situations

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk

If I was 50lb lighter, I kinda like the crf450l. Seems to check off a lot of boxes. Maybe the aftermarket will make some 3/4 ton springs

Suspension shouldn't be far off of the R. So I'm sure there is already tons of options.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Crew Chief

Forum Supporter
That’s a great looking bike! There may be an Italian tractor in my future.

I don't see it happening for me, but it is a good looking bike and they do sound fantastic. I'm glad to see something interesting come out of the show.

Rsquared

Un-Supervised Slacker
Forum Supporter
It's a good time to be a motorcycle rider...

[ame="https://youtu.be/oOF00w08yog"]2019 KTM 1290 Super Duke GT | First View & Interview - YouTube[/ame]