• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

El Camino Del Diablo

Thanks for the ride report.

I would be curious as to the tombstone that has the inscription that reads "two chinese here"...if they were these part of the foreign migrants brought in to help build the trans-continental rail-road.

I remember later, the US went through a bought of xenophobia at the turn of the last century and passed legislation that expressly forbid Asians from immigrating into the United States.

RB

Great report Bob! You are always interesting. While I am a little slow, I am beginning to see a pattern. If we ever get to ride together, I think I need to bring lots of tools.
:clap:

Fun report Bob, some of those trails looked like they would be a lot of fun on two wheels:rider: Thanks for sharing, you a funny dude:rofl:

Fun report Bob, some of those trails looked like they would be a lot of fun on two wheels:rider: Thanks for sharing, you a funny dude:rofl:

Actually a portion on the Christmas Pass would be best in two wheels. There were several 'tracks' I could have chosen with ease. Having the third wheel made it more difficult.

Some of the ruts that I came across in other sections would have been more problematic on two wheels.

But if you ever have the opportunity, to do this trail regardless of the number of wheels, take it. It is fun.

Leave it to Bob to travel such wonderful, friendly places with tourist attractions including big rocks, deep sand and desolation -- all by himself:

149-M.jpg

Sorry to hear of your clutch troubles, but sure glad you made back to Ajo. That sign above sez it's a long journey on foot.

Why the flags on the rigs?

I was told it was required on motorcycles to make us more visible to other vehicles. I think (but not sure), the state of Arizona requirs this for motorcycles on all off road trails. But I know you cannot enter this trail without one.

I think it is to help the rookie pilots to find targets when we are on the Goldwater firing range

Fun thread , Bob. Nice running into you last week at Santa Elena, on the hotel balcony, at Marathon for breakfast, and on our little cruise home.

I have to say, for a late starter, you are one adventurous soul. Kudos.

Well starting at 6-0 seems a little late but what do I know? You're stacking up the adventures right and left, :clap: that's all I was trying to say.

What's the next big thing? Trackdays on that GS? I had a friend start racing CMRA at (about) your age. In the 600 class. :eek:

Well starting at 6-0 seems a little late but what do I know? You're stacking up the adventures right and left, :clap: that's all I was trying to say.

What's the next big thing? Trackdays on that GS? I had a friend start racing CMRA at (about) your age. In the 600 class. :eek:
I'd pay money to see Bob trackday Lyekka with Ivan as ballast.....:lol2:

Back