• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Electronics for motorcycling

Reaction score
Do you know if there is a gps that will share via Bluetooth coordinates with a phone other than the Garmin Inreach? What is your favorite app for trip planning and do you use a gps unit other than a phone?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I went from GPS based nav to phone doing nearly everything. While I can program a route on my phone I find it to be more of a **** than I like so I tend to build my route up in basecamp on my netbook or on my computer at home then save to my google drive and download to the app on my phone. For normal jetting around I just use WAZE but when doing longer trips I use an App called Locus Map. I have backcountry nav on my phone as well but typically only use it off pavement.

In the Jeep I use a tablet mounted on a RAM mount because I like having the larger screen but still use basecamp to build routes but the APP I use on there is Backcountry Navigator. For normal everyday driving back and forth to work or whatever I just use WAZE on my phone though.

Back