• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Elijah Seybold

woodsguy

Ride Red
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Vaughan
Young gentleman from Garland area in bike accident. I do NOT know him but we need to lift him and family up in prayers.

First paragraph is update to original post.

"Update: As of right now his brain is swelling and putting pressure on the unharmed side. Basically, if he gets any worse it's highly likely he'll lose any quality of life. If he makes small progress in the next few days he'll probably require lifelong care. Things look bleak but he was a strong person so we'll have to wait and see for now. As always prayers are appreciated especially for his 2 small daughters.

Hello guys, this is Elijah's wife. He was in an accident on one of his bikes this morning. He sustained a head injury and broken bone but unsure of any more details. He is currently in the neurological ICU. He has always spoken very fondly of the guys he's met out on rides and this has been a big part of his life lately. Any thoughts and prayers at this time would be greatly appreciated.

Bless you"

From his wife.

any news on progress?
"Hello all, Elijah is making huge progress. He is conscious and doing therapy daily. He seems to have his memories, his left side is still not moving but this is something he can work on in rehab with time and God's grace and professional healing hands. The next year will be a long process of relearning and acclimating to our new reality but I am so thankful to have my husband safe next to me. He will be graduating out of the icu as soon as there is a bed available and the trach is unnecessary at this point, he is breathing all on his own. God has granted me this miracle and I couldn't ask for anything more."

From wife's FB page, sounds promising.

Back