• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AUSTIN: Emma Long Metropolitan Park 9/15-9/19/19

Reaction score
Im going to be in Georgetown next week. Thinking of bringing the XR650l along. Can ya'll tell me about this park? Is it still open? Im also interested in other off road opportunities in the area.

Besides the Big Bend area, my riding has been in MS, NM and AZ for the last 7 years or so. Now that my oldest son has moved near Pilot Point, north of Dallas I do plan on exploring some places in that part of TX. I use Rider Planet to look for areas of interest. This should help you find quite a few places around Austin/Georgetown. There's a place in Marble Falls called Hidden Falls. It's been 10 years or more since I've ridden there and used my DBSA membership to get a super discount on riding and camping with my youngest son. Huge place and loads of fun.

Thread down in the off-road section. You might get a better response posting on that thread. There was some guys that rode there every Wednesday.

650 is too big for EL. It can be done but you'll damage tour bike and possibly yourself.
Hidden Falls is milder but can still bite depending on your experience.

I had fun on my xrl at emma long the two times I took it.

It is difficult but fun if you like a challenge

Lurking these threads got me reminiscing on the trip my youngest son and I made to Hidden Falls. Looking at our pictures I recalled it was called Boulder Creek when we went.

Ah, those days of past... Now he's grown, married, 2 kids and living in AZ.

Thanks for the info. The Emma Long park looks pretty rad. Some of those large step ups may be above my skill level. I will probly go check it out. Anyone gonna be around and interested meeting up over there let me know.

I love Emma Long.... I look forward to getting a bike to ride out there like a 250cc enduro or trials bike. There is a reason there are more mountain bikes than motorcycles on any day.

There's also CTOR just north of Georgetown in Salado. Call Bennie at 2542173178 to let you in for $20 for the day. It's not but about 30 minutes away.

I will be pulling into Georgetown in the next hour or so. Im having a slight issue with the jetting on my bike(hauling it in the pickup). I replaced the exhaust with XRs Only full system an believe its a little lean. Ive checked all the motorcycle shops between Lubbock and Austin and I cant find a 162 kiehin main jet in stock anywhere. Any ideas where I might find this rare and precious object?

Can't help with the jets you're needing, but keep posting up if you need anything else.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Figured I better follow up on this. I never made it to Emma Long Park. I did however have a blast at CTOR.
I rode trails 2, 3, and 4. I drank nearly 9 liters of water over about 2 1/2 hours. Had to stop and take alot of breaks. Luckily I was the only person out there so I didnt slow anyone down.
I bent my front fender and cracked the speedometer housing on the bike. Scratched up my right elbow and knee.
Anyway it was everything I was looking for and challenged my skill level and fitness level very well. All of the trees I tested were solidly anchored.

Thank you guys for helping me find a spot to ride.

P.S. I will try to think out the way I post topics up in here a little better next time:doh:

Lots of water consumed, things to fix on the bike, and minor skin injuries. Sounds like a good ride to me.

Back