• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Emma Long ride....

Greenhornet, how is the repair on the clutch cylinder going? Were you able to find a used one?

Sam

Yep, I found one on ebay, still wasn't cheap but was $100 less than new. I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on some hand guards. Think I'm gonna go with the HDB ultimate guards that mount to the handlebar clamp to free up bar space. I've been waffling back and forth because they are kinda pricey. I've also been looking at the EE guards, great price on those. However, my indecisiveness has already cost me so I just need to do it already.

Yep, I found one on ebay, still wasn't cheap but was $100 less than new. I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on some hand guards. Think I'm gonna go with the HDB ultimate guards that mount to the handlebar clamp to free up bar space. I've been waffling back and forth because they are kinda pricey. I've also been looking at the EE guards, great price on those. However, my indecisiveness has already cost me so I just need to do it already.

I have the fastways F.I.T guards that mount to the top handlebar clamp and have the damper mount built in. I love how the bar space is open for dualsport use. I am able to mount GPS and other items. If was starting from scratch I would go the HDB route withiout a doubt. I already had a GPR damper and found the Fastsways set used on KTMtalk.

Hitting up Emma Long with a buddy from out of town at around 8am tomorrow, Saturday, if anyone else is interested. Will probably do 2-3 laps and try to be done before 11 or 12.

Park Public Meeting about Emma Long Metropolitan Park *#1

*Saturday, November 7, 2015

The meeting will be at the Emma Long Metropolitan Park

1600 City Park Rd, Austin 78730

10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.

*>> Wear a Motorcycle or MTB shirt <<

*The Austin Parks and Recreation Department is in the early stages of creating a Vision Plan for the Emma Long Metropolitan Park. A key component of this process is collecting input from the public.* The Department is planning on holding a total of 3 public meetings, along with 2 additional focus groups, to gather input and feedback on this project. The first public meeting will assist*the public in learning more about the history of the park and the existing conditions and inventory it contains.* At the same time, the meeting will help the Department in gathering feedback on what facilities residents use and what facilities and programs they would like to see at the park in the future.
In an effort to help draw a large crowd and generate interest in this meeting and process, the Parks and Recreation Department will be hosting exciting kid and family friendly activities* during the scheduled public meeting. For additional information regarding the public meeting, or on the Emma Long Metropolitan Park project, please contact Kevin Johnson at (512) 974-9506

Thanks for posting about the meeting. I don't see why I would miss it. Hope to see you there.

Hello gents, I am trying to get a kitchen pass for Saturday morning, 8:00-ish for a few hours. I would like to get a little more confident on the loop and start making that my more regular ride place.

Any interest?

I would join you but will be in Dallas all weekend. If things change I'll post up.
Have fun.

Hello gents, I am trying to get a kitchen pass for Saturday morning, 8:00-ish for a few hours. I would like to get a little more confident on the loop and start making that my more regular ride place.

Any interest?

I wish I could join in, but I'll be on my way to Mexico.

The regulars have been doing alot of trail cleanup out there, its still a tuff trail but a lot of the softballs have been cleared out and a few of the climbs have been cleaned up with lots of leaner ramp rocks to make a easy line option to keep people on the trail.

Is there anyone in the Wed group that is riding a early 2000 KTM 200 exc? I'm looking at an 03, but want to ride one before I sell my KX and move to and orange Katoom. From what I am reading its in a 125 frame. So being 5'10" and 225 is it going to be to small or under powered?

I had an 02 ktm 200 for a short while. It had plenty of power for me and I am not small. Lol

Signatures? We don't need no stinking signatures!

Yeah I was hoping someone might have one local Incould scoot around on in the parking lot. The KTM I'm looking at is in Layfette, LA.

I love my KX but the super stiff clutch gets old and I'd like to have lights to run with you guys this winter on Wed nights.

The reviews on the 200 are kinda of all over. From best kept off road secret with plenty of power to basically a big bore 125 that has to be on the pipe. I really wish it was local so I could jump on it and see

Last edited:
Is there anyone in the Wed group that is riding a early 2000 KTM 200 exc? I'm looking at an 03, but want to ride one before I sell my KX and move to and orange Katoom. From what I am reading its in a 125 frame. So being 5'10" and 225 is it going to be to small or under powered?

You are welcome to ride my '08. But it is not the early 200 motor. The early 200 I rode ('02)was a bit more peaky, and the low end was not as torquey. But that may have been the way the owner had it set up. I like mine pulling from the bottom.
I still have not made it out to City park with the Gas Gas. I may try to talk to the trials guys at the harvest festival this next weekend in Luckenbach.

Sam

You are welcome to ride my '08. But it is not the early 200 motor. The early 200 I rode ('02)was a bit more peaky, and the low end was not as torquey. But that may have been the way the owner had it set up. I like mine pulling from the bottom.
I still have not made it out to City park with the Gas Gas. I may try to talk to the trials guys at the harvest festival this next weekend in Luckenbach.

Sam

Thanks Sam. The motor is what I am most concerned about. And the early 2000 bikes shared the 125 frame. The newer ones share the frame with the 250. From what I am reading most say it is very pipey. Which is hard to know really what that means. My KX250 is "pipey" as when the hit comes hang on because it wants to go NOW!!! Which was awesome out on the wide open trails I am used to. Not so much at Emma. I am talking with the guy tonight so hopefuly I'll get some better info on it.

Well looks like I will be keeping the KX. Got some ideas on how to get enough light to ride with everyone this winter. Just need to come up with the $$ to do it.

On a different note and back to riding. What about doing a Saturday Meet n Greet BBQ at the Pavilion there. I could bring my smoker and a grill out. Ride in the AM then do a BBQ lunch, hang out ride some more. Now that hopefully weather is cooling down, could be a blast.

I would totally be down for riding saturday + bbq, except that there's a 90, 100 & 100% chance of rain Thursday, Friday & Saturday.

I would totally be down for riding saturday + bbq, except that there's a 90, 100 & 100% chance of rain Thursday, Friday & Saturday.

Yeah I am maybe thinking plan it out a month or so. People can chip in some money for meet or bring whatever they want and through it on the grill or smoker. Do it like a Pot Luck and everyone just bring something easy. That way some people can ride in the AM eat lunch and leave. Some can eat lunch then ride the afternoon.

Yeah I am maybe thinking plan it out a month or so. People can chip in some money for meet or bring whatever they want and through it on the grill or smoker. Do it like a Pot Luck and everyone just bring something easy. That way some people can ride in the AM eat lunch and leave. Some can eat lunch then ride the afternoon.

Good idea.

Hey does anyone know if there's gonna be a trials group riding next week @Emma? I wanted to join in if I could and try to ape some new moves (or not move, or fall in new ways, or whatever). Been practicing...

Back