• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Emma Long ride....

Yes, thanks for the tip. I’m going to give it a try if it will fit in my freezer. I found a good deal on eBay for a replacement so I went ahead and bought it. That way I can take my time on the freezer experiment. If it works then I’ll put it back on and save the other one for a rainy day.

New bike Dao ? Went to HF instead today .

I bought them at the hardware store they are "test plugs" for pipes. I had to safety wire them, but it worked well. Just put them in the pipe, cinch them down, then tie then in. A cork would work too.

Before the first freeze. The plugs popped out with this arrangement before the metal moved.

View attachment 251333

First or second run with the ends tied. Really making progress.

View attachment 251334

Final result, not perfect but way better than we started. This is an Akrapovic full system from a 2010 Aprilia Mille.

View attachment 251335
Can't imagine those having any effect on performance.

New bike Dao ?
yes, it's my new mextrek mule for '20. mextrek '19 was my last ride for the strom...old mule's going out to pasture (ie, easy gravel/ranch/ATV/roads only)

Last edited:
Going to let it warm up a bit and go for a couple of laps today. Thinking 11 am. Rain tomorrow.

.decent crowd out there this afternoon...saw some riding buddies laying out sections for the upcoming trials competition in 2 wks

Last edited:
I have Monday off and the advanced forecast so far looks like it’s stopped raining until then. Anyone else interested in riding EL that day?

Now that the deluge of rain's finally over...today thru Sunday should be EPIC-Sunny, 70s, no rain!
FYI...Emma will be CLOSED to the riding public on 22-23 Feb....
CEntral TX trials club rented out the whole park for their annual state series competition.

Last edited:
This place was lit yesterday afternoon - lots of my buddies came out here to prep/finalize their signature sections

IMG-20200216-164023.jpg

Screenshot-20200217-121943.png

this one's a wicked section....all those off-camber figure 8 practice turns will be put to the test right here.
IMG-20200216-160320.jpg

here's another section...lots of STEEP ups and downs
IMG-20200216-161659.jpg

I tell you what....It don't get no better than this, huh?

This place was lit yesterday afternoon - lots of my buddies came out here to prep/finalize their signature sections

View attachment 254693

View attachment 254694

this one's a wicked section....all those off-camber figure 8 practice turns will be put to the test right here.
View attachment 254695

here's another section...lots of STEEP ups and downs
View attachment 254696

I tell you what....It don't get no better than this, huh?
A new friend of mine from the torcs series was out there. Bj miller, mr Pascal was trying to get me to come to the event but I have a ride & demo day going on at my place this weekend

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

They would be absolutely stoked to have spectators, but you might find parking a tad tough. They have a lot of sections right near the parking lot where you will see all the action. There are a few sections in the back of park that you would need a mountain bike to get around to.

All the sections are accessible by foot. Wear hiking boots and u won't have any problems getting up close to see all the action. It's Free to watch.

Last edited:
@Vinny correct....zoomed out pic just for you buddy
IMG-20200410-145114.jpg

It's the OFFICIAL MAIN GATE.😷😷😷 Locked.😪
And they blocked off the last mile of city park rd headed down to the city boat launch.😭

good news is....costco 87 gas is currently $1.35/gal !
and still dropping! I can't believe what i'm seeing😲

@Vinny correct....zoomed out pic just for you buddy
View attachment 259018
It's the OFFICIAL MAIN GATE.[emoji40][emoji40][emoji40] Locked.[emoji25]
And they blocked off the last mile of city park rd headed down to the city boat launch.[emoji24]
I really like those newer CB's

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Back