• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Emma Long ride....

@Vinny
It's the OFFICIAL MAIN GATE.😷😷😷 Locked.😪
And they blocked off the last mile of city park rd headed down to the city boat launch.😭
I was out on Saturday riding bicycles around with my son and noticed the "Code Enforcement" agents were out telling people to leave the dog park. I can't believe our whole country is basically shut down.
:miffed:

Vinny

Forum Supporter
First Name
Vinny
It's open. I plan on riding it the next couple of days in the morning to avoid the heat.

Vinny

Forum Supporter
First Name
Vinny
Feels unusually cool this morning. I'll be headed to EL for a couple of laps.

Vinny

Forum Supporter
First Name
Vinny
Another cool day. Very unusual. Going there with a couple of new to EL riders. Should be fun to see how they do.

Dao, bring your 690 and show off.

Reactions: Dao

Dao

last time i rode my 690 out there, it was brutal.

IMG-20200421-195616.jpg

...got in a fight w/ a couple ledges that didn't want to play nice to my 690....

IMG-20200414-182019.jpg

so i'm parking my bike until a new replacement comes in the mail...
:popcorn:
IMG-20200414-182040.jpg

that place eats up armor like :popcorn::popcorn:

woodsguy

Forum Supporter
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Vaughan
@Dao , awesome doing that on the 690, it's not a pig, but sure not a lightweight either. Pretty darn neat.

Dao

Yea, Rob, every 690 owner should take theirs out to city park at least one time....the 690 can climb.
690cc out here is cheatin' big time. But w/ only 10" ground clearance, that's also a big step backwards....so choose your line carefully.
obviously, i chose :angryfire poorly.

@RossL , same here, you and subcomm did real good out there. as you may remember,
when you guys met up w/ me, Vinny was about to drag you guys up this nasty climb, but i flagged him away from going up this:
IMG-20200201-174245.jpg

i apologize for interrupting y'all's mojos.

This section is brutal. I usually skip it. Was good to see you guys out there when I was finishing mountain bike riding with my son. He was stoked to see you guys ride and asked me if that is what I do on my motorcycle. I told him I just don't look as good doing it. :lol2:

First Name
Samuel
Last Name
Hastings
Yea, Rob, every 690 owner should take theirs out to city park at least one time....the 690 can climb.
690cc out here is cheatin' big time. But w/ only 10" ground clearance, that's also a big step backwards....so choose your line carefully.
obviously, i chose :angryfire poorly.

@RossL , same here, you and subcomm did real good out there. as you may remember,
when you guys met up w/ me, Vinny was about to drag you guys up this nasty climb, but i flagged him away from going up this:
View attachment 263100

i apologize for interrupting y'all's mojos.

I love that section

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I haven’t seen it do any terrain like EL, but there really aren’t that many videos of it out there. Post one if you find one.

Reactions: Dao

Dao

and this one here's a (supposedly) street legal elec. dirtbike/mountainbike @ 160lbs

you guys saw this e-bike at the amsa fam day back in Oct? they had one at mcmann's to demo. that sucker moved as fast as a 4fiddy!

Dao

so vinny...how was cloudcroft?

did u drag homeboy straight up the t109? 😷:D:D
20190828-092243.jpg

and, the main event....T235...did u drag him up that too?
SP-125-c-RTS.jpg

Last edited:

Vinny

Forum Supporter
First Name
Vinny
Mark had his 690. Rim trail gave him enough. Been there, done that so I didnt push. Had a great time.