• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Emma Long ride....

Mark had his 690. Rim trail gave him enough. Been there, done that so I didnt push. Had a great time.

690 on rim trail? w/ his side racks still on? geez....
rim trail only gives u about 1' wide path in several spots.

didn't see that one comin'. mark's hardcore, he don't look like one, but man, that's insane to do the rim trail on a big bike:clap::clap:

t109 looks pretty tough to us flatlanders!

the easy way is to go down it...but to get back up to the rim trail & civiization, you either go back up, or go up heart attack trail, or get on the main dirt road and then drone on pavement for an hr or more. taking the hwy afterwards is where a plated dirt bike is worth its weight in gold.

Heart attack hill is appropriately named. Both will test you, kill you or both.

Reactions: Dao
Any of y'all ridden Red River? I'm thinking there has to be some single track there somewhe
the easy way is to go down it...but to get back up to the rim trail & civiization, you either go back up, or go up heart attack trail, or get on the main dirt road and then drone on pavement for an hr or more. taking the hwy afterwards is where a plated dirt bike is worth its weight in gold.
Yesirree Bob! No more trips to the mountains for me without a plate.

after wed's group rides at emma , w/ full moon, clear skies, omw home, i took another epic late night ride in/around:
IMG-20200603-233317.jpg

brappppppp thru downtown, enfield, red bud, stratford,
stopped here at zilker park
IMG-20200603-231756.jpg

yea baby....that plate is worth its weight in GOLD!
IMG-20200506-212844.jpg

Last edited:
Is that guying riding a sherco? Saw someone last time I was there with that same setup going to town on maintainence. Sag, chain tension. I was expecting to see him pull the head and inspect the rings.

What time does the gate open?
Looking to get in at sun rise to beat the heat but don't want to show up early and end up having to wait for a park ranger to open the gate at 7.

Is that guying riding a sherco?

He rides a husqvarna 250, or 300 two stroke, might even be tpi.
he's a good technical rider, also rides trials w/ the local group.

i'm out of town until monday, maybe tuesday, otherwise, i'd be out there doing the loop.

Did the loop early Saturday morning. Somehow I kicked a rock really hard going up a hill and now my left big toe is black and blue. :eek2:

Emma will punish you if you dont go visit her in a regular basis.

Sunday AM was nice. Made the loop and little extra. All before the temps got above 70.

I’ve heard there are Wednesday evening rides.?. What time do folks usually show up?

Wed afternoon is for the trials guys. They usually get there around 3. They are a nice bunch but you probably wont be riding their trails.

Got back into town yesterday at 5, ate dinner w/ fam, put on boots & helmet, rode out there to meet up w/ the crew. nice decent size trials group were out there yesterday, about 8 of them. As i was rolling in, i saw a couple strapping down a KDX200, or something like that, ready to head on home. A real fast rider I'm friends w/ who happens to live in the 'hood, came in from riding the loop, dropped down into the parking lot, and we started talking about his new 30 hr 2020 tpi smoker that looked like it had 2000 hrs under his command. he was telling us about how his powervalve got repaired at a shop where they used silicone. He questioned them on this, but they said that's what KTM says to use. You should have seen all the oil that was leaking out the case. He should have been pizzed, i know I would have been, but he just shrugged it off, It's a smoker, you can't kill them , no matter how hard you try,.

Your friend is a KTM enabler! ;-) KTM has been dumping stuff like that on folks for many many many years and they keep lapping it up.

I put a new rear tire on the KTM and rode Sunday. I couldn't believe how much a difference it made in traction and the ability to tractor up the hills. Left big toe still hurts from the last ride but had a really good ride this time.

Back