• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Emma Long ride....

We can show you around with no pressure. It's the rider, not the bike. I've riden 450 and 350 there for years. I know Dao has taken his 690 out there. Wear great body protection and know you'll probably break something. The first few times it's an adjustment.
There's something about the way you phrased that that gives me pause. ;-)

now, how do you manage to lay it down when the trail's this smooth & wide open ?
20210730-091738-jpg.jpg

Last edited:
popped in there yesterday afternoon omw home from a day's ride railing cow creek & lime creek rds
saw simon riding his sherco, but i was on a phone call when he zipped by me.

water level's still running down...
20211015-135257.jpg

rode around the parking lot , trying to keep this princess from getting mud.
20211015-135603.jpg

Didn't know you still had the Honda. Best road bike ever.

Reactions: Dao
First ride out at Emma long for me in over 20 years, I will admit it was more fun yesterday on my Sherco Trials bike than the XR600R I rode there years
ago

Had a few of my Zars Ranch riding buds along we had a great time hitting some of the trials sections while making the loop.

i was out there yesterday , rode w/ Simon.

20211201-170530.jpg

Halfway, I slammed
that nursed ankle against some wet rocks when i lost traction going up on a diagonal . :suicide:

After riding, we all stuck around for happy hr, and so im looking forward to this new ginger beer ale i picked up at costco.
after drinking one, turns out there's no :angryfirebeer in this hipster bs bottle.

So I'm gonna sit out for now..Time to crack open the tramadol and mezcal i got from mexico. :clap:

Y’all still doing Friday AM rides? Need to burn some PTO. Plan on being there at 7, on the trail by 7:30. Lemme know if anyone has plans of being out there.

I wish I could, but its not happening this week.

I'll probably show around noon. Going to wait for the humidity relaxes a bit. Mid December heat !!

Last edited:
Within first mile or so, main loop, left turn down one ledge, hard right, sandy, under the overhanging tree, up the ledge, hard left.

Who cut the tree and why? If a reasonable answer why wasn’t it taken down to the ground?

Hope folks aren’t just cutting up the trail to make things easier. That’s why Emma is fun; it’s challenging.

Within first mile or so, main loop, left turn down one ledge, hard right, sandy, under the overhanging tree, up the ledge, hard left.

Who cut the tree and why? If a reasonable answer why wasn’t it taken down to the ground?

Hope folks aren’t just cutting up the trail to make things easier. That’s why Emma is fun; it’s challenging.
We argue that in the SHNF here. Seems some want it wide enough for a trophy truck and groomed like a mx track.

Oh no ! I love getting that turn correct with leaning down and not dabbing . Dang it.

I'll be there on Thursday at 9 am . Weather should be good.

The learn-to-ride-your-new-Christmas-present-ADV-bike-in-the-dirt training session is just getting started...
emmalong-misc.jpg

from left:
Tenere 700, Tenere 700, instructor (he trials w/ us on weds), KTM 890, BMW 850GS
emmalong-misc1.jpg

There's never a dull moment out here.
20220109-135044.jpg

Don't you just LOVE AUSTIN !??

I think I met the guy with the Honda 4 in Johnson City last year. I stopped to admire the bike, he was a very interesting fellow to talk to. Do you know who owns it?

I think I met the guy with the Honda 4 in Johnson City last year.....Do you know who owns it?
The guy who owns that red honda 4 shown above is dao. When you met him (assuming so...) in JC last yr, was he riding with two other dudes, one on an Africa Twin, the other on a GS1200?

Back