• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Emma Long ride....

Dao and Mike havent been on dirt at the same time ? Weird. Same circles.

Friday 1/14 will be an EL or HF day. Weather looks perfect.

Reactions: Dao
Not the same Honda 4. The guy I met was British and not in the group at all. It was a beautiful bike :)

Guess I haven't met/ridden with Dao yet, hope to someday. Wish I could make the ride on the 14th, but I am out of town on work. Hopping to ride HF on Sunday...

Reactions: Dao
Decided on EL for Friday at noon. Will be there with Mark

Not the same Honda 4. The guy I met was British and not in the group at all. It was a beautiful bike :)

Guess I haven't met/ridden with Dao yet, hope to someday. Wish I could make the ride on the 14th, but I am out of town on work. Hopping to ride HF on Sunday...
I'll try to make the Sunday ride with you Mike.

Within first mile or so, main loop, left turn down one ledge, hard right, sandy, under the overhanging tree, up the ledge, hard left.

Who cut the tree and why? If a reasonable answer why wasn’t it taken down to the ground?

Hope folks aren’t just cutting up the trail to make things easier. That’s why Emma is fun; it’s challenging.

yea, i was hoping you were wrong, but yep, you're right... someone took a saw to that overhung branch...
That u turn with the overhung branch there forces you to set up your line just right in order to ride up the smooth ledge on right side.
If you didn't then you had to ride up sharp edges, no big deal, really.

furthermore, i just don't get it...

if a fat 690 can snake around that branch .. yes, that bike ...where KTM reduced the lock to lock turning aperture by about 10-20%...
shirley....a normal dirt bike should/could snake around that branch as well??

I'll ask around to find out why this got cut...assuming that it's a legit cut, and not some rambo who took it upon himself to cut it just for his own benefit.

it'd just be you and me in this club ...hardly any cb1100 owners whatsoever in austin.
I'd make a lousy streetbike club member, b/c i :rider:my garage queen only on :sun: days....
never on :storm:

Great day of riding yesterday. Lots of electric bikes (8 or 10) around.

Attachments

• 20220116_101316.jpg
    20220116_101316.jpg
    383.7 KB · Views: 138
  • 20220116_122117.jpg
    20220116_122117.jpg
    423.5 KB · Views: 145
  • 20220116_124359.jpg
    20220116_124359.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 143
  • 20220116_124941.jpg
    20220116_124941.jpg
    478.2 KB · Views: 140
--:eek2:... ? 8-10?

that's awesome to see all those riders (a gal too!) out there.
so what's the story w/ the silver ebike? is it home-made?
doesn't look like a surron w/ an aero set of panels bolted on:lol2:

Don't know. Just dais hello.
Did have a rear hub motor instead of middle. Wheelie machine.

Thursday?

Wait, too cold, Wednesday?

Last edited:
Well, too many meetings tomorrow, I am not going to make it...

omw home from EL ...this is my neighborhood repair & restore garage I pass by :clap:
20220112-192517.jpg

IMG-1771.jpg

back in the 90's this was a Lamborghini Countach dealership.

Last edited:
Emma Long in the AM at sunrise. Wheels down at 7. Been a couple months since in the seat and just getting off surgery. Going for endurance, not speed. Hoping to have two long loops in (~20 mi) by 9 if anyone wants to join. Missed Otts and Sandwinder. Gotta get ready for Zars.

Attachments

• DA64F54C-47D4-484D-B4F4-06B21FF6C166.png
    DA64F54C-47D4-484D-B4F4-06B21FF6C166.png
    617.6 KB · Views: 144
After almost a year of not riding (sold home, new home wasn't ready, lived in a hotel for 3.5 months, COVID, etc), finally got out to Hidden Falls. Wow, am I sore and my riding skills are severely rusty. Thought it would be an easier re-entry instead of going straight to Emma. Fell over more times than I care to admit. Looks like the exhaust guard held fairly well under impact.
exhaust-protector.jpg

Finally went out and rode Emma last Thursday. Covid really messed up my sense of balance. Need to do something about that. I fell over more on that ride than I've fallen in years. One time I went down on my side and now I got a bruised rib. Hurts to laugh. Still love it though and was glad to finally get out and hit some hard trails again. Emma never disappoints. Love that place!!

Heat...after being cold for so long it almost seems appealing. Are the trials folks still doing their Wednesday pm gatherings?

Back