• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Emma Long ride....

Congrats. That's the bike I'm shooting for also. Keep us posted on how she rides. I sold my 250. I'm recuperating from knee surgery so I wont be riding there till next fall, so I have time to find one.

Well drag me along for a rehabilitation ride sometime! I bet you can keep up with me even with a bum knee :)

I even like these
69dbe8d864eb364469b664a518221ae1.jpg

Stickers ??? We don't need no stinking STICKERS !

Took the KTM out after work for the first ride yesterday. It's going to take some time getting used to a new bike. Very impressed with the first gear "billy goat" capabilities. Need to be careful with the extra power compared to the CRF250X. Early in the ride the bike jumped up on me and smacked my "under side" which caused me to stop and breath for a moment. :eek2: Need to dial in the handlebar configuration. Feels off and my arms were more tired than usual. Clutch lever is really far out compared to all the other bikes I've owned. Feel like I'm reaching for it all the time. Overall very pleased with the purchase and City Park was truly enjoyable yesterday. Was nice to get out again after about 3 months.

Last edited:
I rode out there Tuesday, and it looks like some trail maintenance on parts of the main loop has been done. On the soft mud holes, they covered them over with some baseball size rocks. And I just saw a legit, - as in made by COA, - "NO ATV" sign posted by the bathrooms. Some months ago, as I was on the top of the start of the trail head, I saw an ATV'er , most likely from the neighborhood, rolling into the parking lot, no helmet, w Tshirt & casual shorts, doing some donuts and then riding around looking for a wide enough entrance into the woods. Good luck w/ that on your farm ATV.

I also noticed all the rocks put into the soft mud areas and another spot I like to ride every once is a while was blocked off with tree limbs. The "please don't ride here anymore" signal.

Reactions: Dao
man, I am itching like crazy to go ride out there right now. All that nice fresh rain from last night moistened that dirt into velcro, and it only lasts for a day or two. once all the moisture runs down from the top, the riding gets hard, gotta work that clutch finger down to the bone to get to the top.:giveup:

I have tomorrow off and am planning on going out in the morning around 7:30/8:00. Looking forward to getting more comfortable on the 350. :pirate:

I got my fix in last night. Still had some good mud puddles to slip and slide.
no traction control out here. it's all you!
IMG-20190418-195117428.jpg

Feeling all good and regular again!

Just bought an '18 350 EXC . Cant ride till June. Time to farkle.

Congrats, Vinny! you didn't waste anytime getting u another dirtbike.
Yea, man, farkle that bad boy out.

Wasn’t able to get out this morning because I had to deal with the neighbor’s tree threatening our house.

...just pop a couple of zip ties around it , and you're good to go :rider:

I'm planning to get to Emma tomorrow morning and then ride till I can't take it anymore.

I can always use more practice trying to keep a bike up anyway.

At Emma now. Looks like they reversed the direction of the main loop. Started seeing wrong way signs and had to get off the trail to try again.

Reactions: Dao
That was awesome!! Like a whole new park going the opposite direction. Reset my skill level for sure. Need to figure out how to get to some of the trails I used to ride. 👍👏😎

Thanks for the heads-up. I had to postpone my visit for tomorrow instead.

When I participated in the trials events, the club would reverse some of the loop directions to make it more convenient to reach the sections. I wonder if that had anything to do with what you're seeing now.

YIPPIE!!!!
So, ,,,,do we now go UP this section ?

Geez...it's been almost 10 yrs...I forgot how to ...
i better mount a fresh set of knobs b/f I go out there again.

Johny blaze, the trials club didn't have anything (or have authority ) to invoke the direction change. This came from the Head Honcho w/ the City. Someone high up had to sign off on it.

Last edited:
YIPPIE!!!!
So, ,,,,do we now go UP this section ?
View attachment 232422

Geez...it's been almost 10 yrs...I forgot how to ...
i better mount a fresh set of knobs b/f I go out there again.

Johny blaze, the trials club didn't have anything (or have authority ) to invoke the direction change. This came from the Head Honcho w/ the City. Someone high up had to sign off on it.
That looks like a fun hill to be honest

Back