• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Emma Long ride....

naw, they're not first timers. they're hardcore regular weds riders at emma.
If they're getting hung up, just imagine what it's like for a :haha:1st timer

After watching that and knowing they are regular riders I don't feel as bad with how hard it was for me. Was way easier to go down that section when the route was reversed!!

Sunday morning was a fun first time riding reversed for a group of us. It was a bit damp still, so that added to the fun.

We got through almost all of it without too much fuss, but the last set of steps towards the end (the one with the go around) gave us a pretty hard time - we were trying to go right up the gut, not to the edge.

Pic at the earlier steps
6028f2f530542d6eb90a3dd2bcebb515.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It's great that the second to last double diamond section (the last multi-step section where it seems everyone is getting the most enjoyment) can be reached quickly by starting where the main trail ends and following the fenceline down to where that particular section begins. I will eventually get around to woodshedding it but the whole trail is so much fun right now and I'm not ready to make it feel anything like work yet. It's hard enough to ride for me as it is, and keeping my fork boots showroom gorgeous still isn't going to be in the cards any time soon.

When you guys start talking about how poorly you ride my ears perk up. Uh Huh, sure! Sounds like starting line talk. :shame:

Oh if you ever ride with me you'll think I'm a slow conservative, grandpa. I try to keep my feet on the pegs but look like a row boat often. I only look like I know what I'm doing when I'm stopped. :trust:

Great ride this morning. Wasn't my best riding day but still enjoyable. First time I took most of the double black routes except 2 small areas. I think I've come to the conclusion that one of the things that makes the new route trickier is there are a lot more quick turns then up a steep stair step rocking part with very little straight on runway. You have to be on your pegs, concentrating and balanced then billy goat up otherwise it's just exhausting trying to get the bike up.

Another great ride this morning. Humidity is a little bad but the rest was fine. Started around 7:00 and finished up around 8:30 to beat the heat but was still soaked when I finished up.

you guys ever go back here at emma?
ie....WHERE AM I ?

clue...3 or 4 yrs ago, this is the spot where the bmw X5 was found ....nose down!
you can still see the marks at the very top where the wrecker had to pull that sucker back up.

Just got back from Crested Butte, Colorado and rode the Taylor Reservoir Area. I'm going to write a short ride report but wanted to share a quick photo. I'll post a link to the report when I'm done.

I was just there. Did Twin Lakes, Taylor Park, Crested Butte and Lake City. Was stopped by snow a few times. Way more than usual ( we go every June)

Attachments

• 20190618_191947.jpg
    20190618_191947.jpg
    416.1 KB · Views: 249
Vinny, in Lake City, did you do this pass

into Telluride? homie!

Last edited:
A few of us rode the COBDR a few years back which did not include black bear. I’d like to do that next time in CO. I’ve watched videos af people driving it, including one guy in a 3/4 ton Dodge truck. Sketchy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dao,
That's more to the west of Ouray. We couldn't get there because of the snow and avalanches.

Definitely gonna plan a emma long trip sometime in August or September

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

A few of us rode the COBDR a few years back which did not include black bear. I’d like to do that next time in CO. I’ve watched videos af people driving it, including one guy in a 3/4 ton Dodge truck. Sketchy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Black Bear is a non-issue on a bike but I wouldn't like it in a larger 4whl vehicle. The conditions change yr by yr and I don't like being on the edge of nothing. My scooter lets me move over. June can be very sketchy regarding snow conditions and we usually go after school starts later in the year. Accomodations are cheaper and crowds are slimmer. Much better all around. But with our TX weather anytime is still good, just for the cool.

Me and a buddy are going early tomorrow. He's bringing his trials bike. We are going to take turns riding it and my 350. Welcome to join. Done by 10 or so.

Back