• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Emma Long ride....

Me and a buddy are going early tomorrow. He's bringing his trials bike. We are going to take turns riding it and my 350. Welcome to join. Done by 10 or so.

What time? I haven’t ridden City Park since about 1996 and only on a mountain bike. I wouldn’t mind riding a dirt bike through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have had a pain in my abdomen since I got home from Colorado. Went to the doc yesterday and found out I have a hernia. Have to go in for surgery and will be off the bike now for 2 or 3 months... :argh: Up side is it's really hot to ride these days anyway so I should be back on the bike in the fall hopefully.

Perfect time for a tune up. I did my knee surgery during the winter. Missed riding, now I'm ok but too hot.
Take care. See you in the fall.

Good luck with that hernia, don't rush things. Can't always plan things but I try to have maintenance done in the summer. Having a shoulder looked at as soon as I can, just won't heal on its own.

Wednesday is .....
20180627-170849.jpg

......LEGS DAY!
20180627-170857.jpg

IMG-1769.jpg

So much fun to have in the Austin area,,,jealous. Sure like that pickup/bed cover combo, don't see many of those anymore.

Good report. Rode by yourself? Holler next time. Renting a condo on the mtn at CB can be a great value. Not as convenient as staying in town and walking everywhere but can be great for groups. Can find nice ones really cheap right after school starts and the crowds disappear. Love CB.

Rode by yourself? Holler next time. Renting a condo on the mtn at CB can be a great value. Not as convenient as staying in town and walking everywhere but can be great for groups. Can find nice ones really cheap right after school starts and the crowds disappear. Love CB.
Probably not the wisest thing to do to ride by myself but when I’m with my family my schedule is hard to predict which makes it hard to coordinate with anyone else.

Loading up the trailer right now...see y'all out there.
IMG-20190723-104848551.jpg

Texans are crazy. It's way to hot for anything but the lake.

I hear ya, Vinny... it's only hotter than **** if you ain't moving. Just keep moving and the breeze under all that thick shade will make it all right.

Speaking of lake......ever heard of Lakefest? Well, it's in full swing right now at Emma Long Metro Park , where you pay at the gates to go down to the shore. since Thursday, they've got "Lakefest" posters along city park rd. pointing traffic towards that direction.

But yea, the regular Wed night enduro gang came out riding today. We had a blast rippin' it up.

I've been moving thru the trail. Hot, hot, hot, muggy.
Pool time for now. Bike is resting.

Loading up the trailer right now...see y'all out there.
img-20190514-131220728-hdr-jpg-jpg.jpg

Picking up a trials bike soon, gotta plan a trip up there

You haven't been to many motels lately have you? I am not familiar with that area and don't know what is available. And yes, I am discriminating.

Are you asking how to lock it up to ensure it doesn't get stolen or molested?

The Arboretum area is pretty safe. Renaissance Austin Hotel

What day are you thinking of coming?
Either one, I will never leave my bike outside anymore. But most motels will not allow motos in a room, especially the way they are built now. I don't stay in dumps. Not sure of the time. We have friends in Kerrville we visit often and I was thinking of riding the park, looks fun.

Back