• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Emma Long ride....

Ok I'll admit it upfront, sometimes I'm lazy to search and Google. Plus I know I'll get a knowledgable and quick response here.

Any camping at Emma Long?
Overnight parking allowed? ;-)
If no to both above, closest option is?

Planning to visit in the coming month(s) once I get handguards and a heavier skid plate installed.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Any camping at Emma Long?
Overnight parking allowed? ;-)
If no to both above, closest option is?

Planning to visit in the coming month(s) once I get handguards and a heavier skid plate installed.

dave, unfortunately, it's a no to both

Closest option is about a 1 mile past the riding area, at the foot of the lake, aka Emma Long "Metropolitan PARK", which is separate from "Motorcycle Park". This camp area is open to the public, has a big boat launch w/ 40-50 camping spots (w/ or w/o hookup,) plus spots for RV, But currently, w/ covid, sign says all spots have been reserved.

Great ride this morning and was happy to see JT pull into the parking lot just as I was starting to load up. We'll have to do a Saturday sometime so our schedules align more.

SB, I don't know if they close the gate at night. You thinking about sleeping in the truck or actually setting up a tent? There are also a few parking areas for the Green Belt trails off 360, maybe you could park in one of those.

Great ride this morning and was happy to see JT pull into the parking lot just as I was starting to load up. We'll have to do a Saturday sometime so our schedules align more.
It was good to see you too, Tom. One of these days we'll manage it.

Reading previous posts about distance. My app is showing under 5 miles and I don’t believe I took any of the bypass’.

Is the 6 miles y’all are referring to including the easy loop to the South of the parking lot or am I just missing a mile of greatness somewhere?

PS, y’all see my pace. LMK if any of y’all run this speed and we’ll have to meet up some AM or look for me in the yellow pickup. I’ll usually hit the double blacks but am a dabber and I wouldn’t call my climbing skills smooth by any means.

Reading previous posts about distance. My app is showing under 5 miles and I don’t believe I took any of the bypass’.

Is the 6 miles y’all are referring to including the easy loop to the South of the parking lot or am I just missing a mile of greatness somewhere?

PS, y’all see my pace. LMK if any of y’all run this speed and we’ll have to meet up some AM or look for me in the yellow pickup. I’ll usually hit the double blacks but am a dabber and I wouldn’t call my climbing skills smooth by any means.
View attachment 269804

There are lots of extras that can be added. Since they changed the direction I'm still trying to figure out how to make it all in one go. I usually add random extras on each lap and make them different that way. Some are done out and back to continue on the main loop.

SB, I don't know if they close the gate at night. You thinking about sleeping in the truck or actually setting up a tent? There are also a few parking areas for the Green Belt trails off 360, maybe you could park in one of those.
Was thinking of sleeping in the car if no camping nearby was available. 200 mile haul each way so would want to ride for 2 days.

I did go to EL Metro Park website and looks like limited reservations are available now but only online. $10 a night for a tent site is not bad. Once I get the new bike properly protected for rocks I will try to book a couple nights.

View attachment 269804

It looks like the lines on your phone app is following the full main loop. the only spot where you'd take out 3/4 mile is if you DIDN'T take a sharp left to climb the 5 big steps all the way up to the top, then riding the highest part of the loop alongside the road. your app kinda showed you did, but it's hard to tell w/ it zooomed out so much.
Your total time looks legit to me. mine's about 45 mins on average. I do like to pitstop by the bench and drink a cold bev just to smooth out the sharp ledges, tho...

Rode today and included most areas. Some out and back. Ended up with 9 miles. Could probably add another half mile.

**** vinny, looked like you even logged in the lil' motocross track off of to the side too...you an emma hardcore junkie!

hey, whats that app you using to track your ride on? if it aint free, it's no good.

OnX offroad. I've used it all year. It seems to have every trail in the country. I've been riding Colorado for decades and it showed me new stuff. Also treated me well in Cloudcroft.
Not sure if I payed for it, if I did it must be very cheap one time fee.

Reactions: Dao
Based on the dotted lines, it looks like you dropped into the park at the top where City Park Road and Pearce Road "Y". I still haven't made the 350 street legal yet. I used to love to drop in from that point on my old CRF250X dual sport.

hey, whats that app you using to track your ride on? if it aint free, it's no good.

OnX offroad. I've used it all year. It seems to have every trail in the country. I've been riding Colorado for decades and it showed me new stuff. Also treated me well in Cloudcroft.
Not sure if I payed for it, if I did it must be very cheap one time fee.

I almost downloaded the app as free. But reading reviews I discovered the app is only free for a 7 day trial. Then maps and other functions disable until you pay the $29 annual fee.

Vinny you're probably setup with auto renewal and billing.

I almost downloaded the app as free. But reading reviews I discovered the app is only free for a 7 day trial. Then maps and other functions disable until you pay the $29 annual fee.

Vinny you're probably setup with auto renewal and billing.

I really can't remember how much it was. I mostly ride single track or do trips on my Jeep. It makes it very easy for me to see what is in a zone I'm traveling thru. I used to have multiple apps (COTrex, Thedyrt, All trails, Offroad Atlas, Earthmate) and also download areas via Google map to get information before. There was lots of research time spent too. Now I just light up that app and I have everything I need. Worth $29 a month to me. At $29 a year its a bargain. I'm sure they have some sort of sales sometimes too.
For regular road riding or driving Google maps is still king.

Last edited:
I'm up for another early Thursday ride. Anyone else?

I'm up for another early Thursday ride. Anyone else?
Was hoping I could get out but got a bunch of meeting invites for tomorrow morning. Trying to block of Friday but definitely Saturday, I am planning on going out.

I’m in. 7am arrival so we can get started riding early?

Yes, I just found out I'll have to call in for a 10AM conference call, I wonder if they'll hear the motos....

Back