• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Emma Long ride....

The bypasses are still death trail.

Emma is stone cold.

:lol2::lol2::lol2:
emma.jpg

Vinny, Dave, et all...
Friday & Sat, we'll group up inside the park around 9:15, head out by 9:30am.
50-60 mile loop usually takes us 5-6 hrs. bring sack lunch & plenty of water.

if you're running tubes, 14 psi MIN. up front, 13 psi MIN. in rr. tali has a few rocks:lol2::lol2:
1.jpg

See y'all up there if you can make it. weather's perfect this weekend, 50-60F, sunny. no rain.

You going? Its a long drive for me. About the same for me as Talimena which is really Gnarly single track....TCCRA race as well but it will be a dust bowl and I don't do dust anymore. Too old. Barnwell might get some rain too. Checking options. Been a long time since I rode single track....not sure I remember how....

Vinny, Dave, et all...
Friday & Sat, we'll group up inside the park around 9:15, head out by 9:30am.
50-60 mile loop usually takes us 5-6 hrs. bring sack lunch & plenty of water.

if you're running tubes, 14 psi MIN. up front, 13 psi MIN. in rr. tali has a few rocks:lol2::lol2:
View attachment 276421

See y'all up there if you can make it. weather's perfect this weekend, 50-60F, sunny. no rain.
I'll be there tomorrow afternoon. 🏕 camping.

You going? Its a long drive for me. About the same for me as Talimena which is really Gnarly single track....TCCRA race as well but it will be a dust bowl and I don't do dust anymore. Too old. Barnwell might get some rain too. Checking options. Been a long time since I rode single track....not sure I remember how....
I won't be there. Blessed with working every Fri, Sat, and Sunday for now.

I saw something similar in Utah but it was in the back of a truck. Looks fun. Could see one in the stable if some buds would buy as well. As a riding buddy once said its getting harder and harder to find guys that want to ride single track.....

Just put new Recon Hybrids on front and back and got one ride in on them at EL.

Loved the traction in the back.
Thought it would chunk the knobbies based on how soft the rubber felt but it held up, no loss or chunking.

The front is a fatty which had a different feel than the Dunlop Geomax AT81. The Geomax felt like it cut through turns but was harsher on the rocks where the Recon has better bump absorption but felt a little squishy in turns.

We’ll see how they hold up long term.

Be forewarned all, when Dao says hard single track and gnarly trails he is not overselling it. Just rode with him and Vinny out of Talimena State Park. Some real tough stuff, makes the toughest trails at Hidden Falls look like beginner trails. Two long days riding, approx 120 miles total. My whole body is aching. But would repeat it in a second. Some great riding!

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
For those of you who have dual sported your dirt bike, what tires are you using these days at Emma? For years I have been using a Pirelli MT21 Rallycross Dual Sport front and a Dunlop D606 Dual Sport rear but I keep looking at those guys on the trials bikes wondering if I should try a different tread pattern.

Don't know. I look at sales and put whatever on. Have a few sitting in my garage waiting for their turn. I go for cheap before anything else. No one checks to see if they are street legal.

TJ, for medium stretches of road & then ride emma, tali, hf, ctor - the mt21 & d606 can't be beat. that's what i've used on my plated thumper 400cc. for several yrs, and even though i try other tires, i keep coming back to this combo. i use h/d tubes, so the lowest i'll go in the rear is 9psi, 13fr for emma, & 18psi fr&rr for hwy / county roads, big bend. I normally get 800-1200 miles rr, and twice that w/ the fr.

i recently tried the tusk dsports over the combo above, the rear is so-so, but the fr tire death wobbled so much i removed it 100 miles later. yes, both wheels computer balanced at cycle gear. put back the mt21 on fr, and now i can ride 80-90 mph (gps'd) all day long on i-35 w/o a single anomaly.

TJ, for medium stretches of road & then ride emma, tali, hf, ctor - the mt21 & d606 can't be beat. that's what i've used on my plated thumper 400cc. for several yrs, and even though i try other tires, i keep coming back to this combo. i use h/d tubes, so the lowest i'll go in the rear is 9psi, 13fr for emma, & 18psi fr&rr for hwy / county roads, big bend. I normally get 800-1200 miles rr, and twice that w/ the fr.

i recently tried the tusk dsports over the combo above, the rear is so-so, but the fr tire death wobbled so much i removed it 100 miles later. yes, both wheels computer balanced at cycle gear. put back the mt21 on fr, and now i can ride 80-90 mph (gps'd) all day long on i-35 w/o a single anomaly.
I have used the MT21 & D606 on my XR650L. When they are aired to 31 psi, I'll do 80 mph on the interstate with no concerns. Probably will stick with them.

Couple of us will be riding at 9 am tomorrow. 11-23-20. Should be perfect weather wise.

Back