• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Emma Long ride....

🎼.....Saturday,.....
20220918-121905.jpg

.....in the park.....🎹🎺

20220918-121907.jpg

I *thought* it was ....
20220918-120254.jpg

....the 4th of July !🎷🎺🎸🎻

yes, 650L...pretty cool dude, he typically rides w. his wed. afternoon main loop group of dirtbikers
and, yea I know it's obvious, but must I say:
it's only heavy if you have to pick it up.:mrgreen:

On my best days, I can typically do the entire loop in 45 mins. riding my lightest smoker out here.
It's still a struggle, I ain't gonna lie...

Well, 1st ride out here on my new shoes,
I shaved 5 mins off my best time around that nasty 6 mi loop...w/o any drama,
20220921-111619.jpg

So much cheatin' going on here w/ those new shoes.... I'm just gonna to keep my head down to hide from the shame...:lol2:

Last edited:
i got the same cheatin' bike that Vinny's been cheatin on all this yr. :lol2:
Vinny's done a good job keeping it hush-hush....but I know what time it is now.!

naw...I'm just having fun w/ Vinny. I txt'd him b/f pulling the trigger. He told me what I needed to know...

Here she is....
20220921-105115.jpg

now i just need to figure out how to overcome these suckers w/o a clutch

@Dao is that a Sur-Ron Light Bee? Do you have a link to the specs? I've been considering one of these for a while now.
yes its a surron. light bee x. specs im sure are on their website. the only specs i have on it is 40 mins=main loop...no drama!

Those front forks look fancy .
Congrats Dao. Welcome. Lots of battery and controller upgrades out there once you get used to it and want to go on longer rides.
Great way to ride in the summer heat.

Those front forks look fancy .
Congrats Dao. Welcome. Lots of battery and controller upgrades out there once you get used to it and want to go on longer rides.
That sounds like it requires less effort and would benefit an older rider. Correct?

Exactly the thought. Safety, fun and different riding style. Win, win. Cheaper than a dirt bike too.

Lots of battery and controller upgrades out there once you get used to it and want to go on longer rides.

Yea, this thing's a game changer with summer heat.... riding EL in 95=100F w/
no more exhaust heat, coolant puking out,radiator heat cooking your thighs.
i'm liking this two power modes. in low I can do some trials stuff on it, in high, it's a main loop killer.

So Vinny, can you do the entire ns, ss, and rt at HF on the stock battery?

Do you think one of these is good for a newbie offroader? Never done any technical riding, was looking into a 350 as a start, but these are much cheaper.

Do you think one of these is good for a newbie offroader? Never done any technical riding, was looking into a 350 as a start, but these are much cheaper.

Good way to learn but if you get one you won't get a gas bike.

I was reading through some of the threads (broken forks, broken axles) and I started wondering if these things are junky or just getting the snot beat out of them by some young 20 something punks. :lol2:

That goes for any bike that is abused. Think of it as a mountain bike .

Yea, this thing's a game changer with summer heat.... riding EL in 95=100F w/
no more exhaust heat, coolant puking out,radiator heat cooking your thighs.
i'm liking this two power modes. in low I can do some trials stuff on it, in high, it's a main loop killer.

So Vinny, can you do the entire ns, ss, and rt at HF on the stock battery?

Since I'm always at full throttle it'll only last the 17 miles of South loop before it needs a recharge.
Can recharge at an RV spot or with a generator.
At Emma it's hardly ever at full throttle so it last 3 loops.

Battery expansion would be good for us...or maybe a spare battery.

I need to come out there and watch you guys ride those sometime. It looks like a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing the photos and info!

Back