• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

End of Watch Gathering/Camp/Ride December 3-5

Sad to say I do not have a rideable bike at the second...oil leak on 650 and flat tire on 1200...got a new tire if I have time to change out....I have a Nomar that I am still trying to learn how to use the way they show in their videos on Nomar website!

You aren't using enough lube. When you think you have enough lube, add some more. :D

breakfast will be off the wok( hope Brad is ready)
I'd like to know more about this. ;)

You aren't using enough lube. When you think you have enough lube, add some more. :D

I have a jug of lube!

We cook pretty much all of breakfast on it...now with the numbers coming this time I might look at using my stove and and a griddle

64504C19-11A6-4253-909D-4F12984CF1D7.jpeg

Brad and the Wok

@ghostrider1964 . I just RSVP online for Friday and saturday. Sorry about late notice,

i just saw this shindig , and i want to attend, honor our fellow twt''ers

Well I'm definitely a no now. Flying out 5am on Saturday. You guys are going to have great weather.

And life throws me a curve ball. Fighting a kidney stone as of last night. I'm hoping for a quick cycle. Had a visit to the emergency room with one on the other side just before Thanksgiving. Two in a month is not fair.

Still hoping for tomorrow, but more likely on Saturday.

Well, packed up camping gear and it is stacked by the bike. Only takes 10 minutes to strap it down. We'll see what the night brings.

Hope it’s ok if I show with my 12 ft cargo to camp in. Let me know if not.

SAB and I will do a little DS ride to the Horney Toad in Cranfill's Gap for a late lunch Saturday and then a longer route back to Dody's. 38miles to the restaurant, 75 miles back. Not sure what time we'll leave, Gina is riding out from Kerrville early morning. Any one is welcome to join us, here are the tracks we will be following.
There are two tracks in this file, the preview tool seems to get confused and not display correctly when there is more than one.
GPX viewer

Attachments

• ToadTracks2.gpx
    104.6 KB · Views: 132
If I wasn't skeered of deer and y'all didn't get up so early, I'd try to be there for Brad's breakfast on Sat. As it is there is a 90% chance I'll show up around 9:30 sat a.m.
I'll probably eat just my own granola stuff, as I'm on a massive get healthy kick, trying to drop 20 # and drinking no beer, but pounding a gallon of water a day. I'll let you know if there's life after exchanging beer for water.

Hope to see ya'll Sat.

If I wasn't skeered of deer and y'all didn't get up so early, I'd try to be there for Brad's breakfast on Sat. As it is there is a 90% chance I'll show up around 9:30 sat a.m.
I'll probably eat just my own granola stuff, as I'm on a massive get healthy kick, trying to drop 20 # and drinking no beer, but pounding a gallon of water a day. I'll let you know if there's life after exchanging beer for water.

Hope to see ya'll Sat.
wow! ever notice how drinking a gallon of beer isn't a problem in an evening, but drinking a gallon of water all day is a real challenge? Anyway, the key takeaway here is if you ride with Ed, plan on stopping often... :rofl:

I might be in for a Sat-only ride as well. I'd be coming up from Austin, hanging out a bit and riding with anyone still around - pavement only - then slipping off back to Austin that evening...

Anyone with a similar agenda?

Well, packed up camping gear and it is stacked by the bike. Only takes 10 minutes to strap it down. We'll see what the night brings.
Hey, if you come can you throw in the thin wall spark plug wrench for my RT plug change? I hope you beat this one quickly. I hear they are no fun. Thanks. Ed

Hey, if you come can you throw in the thin wall spark plug wrench for my RT plug change? I hope you beat this one quickly. I hear they are no fun. Thanks. Ed
It is in my tools that I always carry on the bike. I'm feeling better today than yesterday, but stone is not gone. I'm targeting Saturday midmorning arrival.

Back