• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Enduroc con Africa Twin

No sir, that's not saddlebags on the bike. That's his ball sack hanging off either side...I'm speechless.

Reactions: my6
You couldn't ask for a better example of "It isn't the bike, its the rider"

Can you imagine the rocks it was spitting out in some of those sections. Also, when he was able to twist the throttle in some clean areas he blew the doors off the other bikes. That is very impressive!!!

Who is that masked man, uh, rider?

Incredible! I wish there were other views besides cockpit. I would love to see his movement on the bike.

Reactions: my6
At least 200lbs heavier. The Africa Twin is roughly 500lbs and those enduros are almost assuredly less than 300lbs.

The AT is at least 500 lbs, you would be hard pressed to get any weight off of one. Most of the other bikes are 250 to 270 lbs. If you notice in some sections, you can see him just plow through nasty stuff with the shear mass and momentum as his protector. There are times my AT and KTM 1090 have made it through a sloppy section just because of kinetic energy due to the mass of the bike.

I've even achieved that mass and momentum thing with my old DR650 before. Haven't been in that situation with my Twin yet. Weight makes certain situations easier, but it makes many others harder.

2017 Romaniacs: A KTM1090 and a BMW R nine T :)
(Chris Birch on the KTM and Gerhard Foster on the BMW)

2016 Krko Enduro Raid, 2 Africa Twin come in at 1st and 2nd Place
Only Mods: Touratech protection and a Remus exhaust, when the winner was asked why the Remus, he just stated, needed it for my Ego :)

Both these events are still worth watching. It is unbelievable what you can achieve with skill.

Back