• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

ET450 tracks?

Rydah

Who's ready to ride some dirt?!
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone rode the ol' East Texas 450 lately? It's been awhile since I've done it, so am looking for a recent track. Thanks.

Now that the weather is getting more agreeable I'm wanting some East Texas sand myself...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Cool. Was planning on next weekend, as it's the only weekend I'll have free for awhile.

Saturday should work best for me...

Will have to keep an eye on the weather, and it might be a last minute decision for me. Still looking for a more recent set of routes/tracks though. Anyone?

Will have to keep an eye on the weather, and it might be a last minute decision for me. Still looking for a more recent set of routes/tracks though. Anyone?
Ditto....

I was hoping to get in on this, but found out Wednesday I've got to attend a funeral (one I can't get out of). Rob, did you get your bike running?

Sorry to hear, Jay. Yep, had to clean out the carb, but don't think it was the race gas. Could have sworn that I drained it properly last time I shut it down, but guess not. Found a bunch of gunk so pulled it, cleaned it, put it back. Started first kick!

How did this ride end up? Looking to do it in the near future and looking for info. Debating on doing it over a day, or taking my time and camping in Rusk.

drinking my coffee and waiting on people to chime in...

Would still like to, but weather/life just isn't cooperating right now. David (AdvNewbDW), get some knobbies on that bike; it'll make this ride a lot more fun. Some pretty deep sand in places when dry, or can be really muddy if it's recently rained.

Would still like to, but weather/life just isn't cooperating right now. David (AdvNewbDW), get some knobbies on that bike; it'll make this ride a lot more fun. Some pretty deep sand in places when dry, or can be really muddy if it's recently rained.
It's funny, I've been looking at 50/50's. Reckon the Pirelli Scorpion Rally will do the trick?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Yeah, those look like they'd be just fine. I'm (tentatively) planning a fast recon of the route this Mon/Tue. If it checks out, I'll try to put something together for a weekend ride soon as weather permits.

Reactions: my6
Yeah, those look like they'd be just fine. I'm (tentatively) planning a fast recon of the route this Mon/Tue. If it checks out, I'll try to put something together for a weekend ride soon as weather permits.
That would be awesome. I look forward to hearing about it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

DANG IT! If I hadn't had to use two weeks of PTO for a medical issue a couple of months I would definitely tag along with you on this....:pirate:

Sure would have enjoyed the company. Like I said though, I'm gonna try to do the three day route in 2, so gonna run it pretty briskly. Hopefully it will be successful so we can have a recent set of tracks.

If you change and Recon on a weekend I can probably swing it...

Just got back from riding the whole thing in the last couple days, and have the new routes ready to go. Trying to figure out how to post them up on the forum:

Rydah
Next time you run it please post up if you will allow others to tag along.
I would love to ride it again and again.
Thanks

Ok, here goes 🤞. Attaching routes from the last couple days. Can someone open these in Basecamp, and let me know if they load? I'm using "City Navigator North America NT 2020.1" for my maps, and route is in "dirt biking" for Activity Mode.

GPX viewer

Attachments

• 2019ET500.gpx
    829.6 KB · Views: 488
Rydah
Next time you run it please post up if you will allow others to tag along.
I would love to ride it again and again.
Thanks

Heck, yeah! That's the whole reason I did this. Unfortunately, I shift work, so weekends off only roll around every other month. In fact, the next open weekend for me won't be until Dec. 20th! If anyone is available during week days though, I'll be free again the 2nd - 5th.

Back