• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

ET500 - 2019

And you didn't say anything??? Ok, Mr. Tight Lips! :mrgreen:

Lol, sorry. I knew I was going have to be keeping a pretty brisk pace, and taking no breaks, so just figured I'd be better running solo. We'll run it again real soon, I promise.

Reactions: my6
Your welcome. Wish more people would!

My6, you're only available on weekends though, right?

East Texas is a Gold Mine of riding areas. Very Nice routes and Very nice of you to share!

My6, you're only available on weekends though, right?
Only until April 1st when my PTO starts over again for the year, then I'm open for any and all riding suggestions. :rider: :dude:

Ask me! Ask me! ... :)
LOL, you know you'd be at the top of the list. Unfortunately, I'm stuck on a turnaround at work, so working a 13on/1off schedule, and will be through maybe mid April. Hope you guys organize something before then, but if not, count on doing one when I get out of this.

LOL, you know you'd be at the top of the list. Unfortunately, I'm stuck on a turnaround at work, so working a 13on/1off schedule, and will be through maybe mid April. Hope you guys organize something before then, but if not, count on doing one when I get out of this.

Will do! Chuck and I leave for Europe mid-May. May be something before then.

Thanks for the file. I road this last year on an older file and it wasn't bueno.

I'm going to ride and camp this very soon.

Next time you are in Nacogdoches county I can show you some better routes and take you by the first oil well in Texas, 1866. Oil Springs.

Reactions: my6
Sorry, just saw this. Normally, day one ends up at the Holly Park Marina in Milam. It has a very small area for tents (3 or 4 maybe?) down by the water, but more civilized folks like me stay in their hotel, lol. Just across the lake is Beans VIP campground, and a lot of the guys have stayed there in the past.
Second night is in Rusk, and we either camp at the Rusk KOA Holiday site, or my preference, the Texas State Railroad - Rusk Depot.
Of course, better check to see if these are even still in existence now that the Chinese virus and it's comrades have decimated this country.

Sorry, just saw this. Normally, day one ends up at the Holly Park Marina in Milam. It has a very small area for tents (3 or 4 maybe?) down by the water, but more civilized folks like me stay in their hotel, lol. Just across the lake is Beans VIP campground, and a lot of the guys have stayed there in the past.
Second night is in Rusk, and we either camp at the Rusk KOA Holiday site, or my preference, the Texas State Railroad - Rusk Depot.
Of course, better check to see if these are even still in existence now that the Chinese virus and it's comrades have decimated this country.

Out of curiosity - feasible to two-day it with the overnight in Center or is that unreasonable? I count ~240 miles on day 1 out of Livingston and ~225 miles on day 2 back to Livingston from Center.

Out of curiosity - feasible to two-day it with the overnight in Center or is that unreasonable? I count ~240 miles on day 1 out of Livingston and ~225 miles on day 2 back to Livingston from Center.
I've done it in 1 day, 2 days and 3 days. Most enjoyable was the 2 day on big bikes; Tenere, GS and DRZ (well 2 big bikes). Can't remember where we stopped overnight day 1 but don't think it was Center.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

It can be done in one day if you just keep moving.

That's just crazy talk.

Next thing you'll be writing is that others did it too, and year after year.

DSC00145lr.jpg

Back