• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

eureka springs ark area

Reaction score
Hello all. We have been going to Eureka Springs Ark annually for over 10 years now on our bikes.
Wondering if there are any must do roads that those that go there hit?
we usually ride between 250-300 miles. lunch at the cliff house on 7.
We hit the usuals 21, 23, 123, 16 etc. just wondering if there are any gems that we may have missed.
michael

lotsa roads you didn't mention

187, north out of ES, across the wooden bridge

125 north out of PEEL, across the PEEL FERRY, up to BRANSON

74 & 43 west out of JASPER, toward KINGSTON

309 south out of OZARK, to the top of MT MAGAZINE, for lunch @ the lodge

215 east from 23(north of the TURNER STORE) to THE OARK STORE, for lunch w/ home made PIE

there are a bunch more

get the BUTLER MAPS, MAP OF THE OZARKS

http://www.butlermaps.com/Motorcycle-Road-Maps/45/Ozarks-Map

HAVE FUN & SHINY SIDE UP

sw

We were just there for our first time with the XX group. There is not a bad road to be found, but the road from the Peel Ferry back to Branson was one of my favorite rides. Can't wait to go back!

If you are on the Missouri side, it is US 160. If you are on the Arkansas side, it is Hwy 14. Both are nice rides.

I like Mo 90 between Washburn and Noel. It is in the bottom SW corner of Missouri. It is exceptionally twisty and fun. I usually get to it by going North out of Eureka Springs on 23 to MO 86, run that up to Mo 76 near Cassville, then double back to the turn off for Roaring River State Park (Mo Hwy F) and head West to Mo 112, continuing West to Mo 37 at Seligman. Then make the short jump North to 90. I found out about 90 years ago when talking to a local UPS driver at a gas station in Cassville. He was a rider too. I usually run 90 out and back rather than trying to incorporate it into a loop.

In that same area, the run on Mo 76 between Cassville and Cape Fair is also really nice. It slices and twists through the Mark Twain NF. There is a nice little 50s style cafe at the stop sign in Cape Fair. From there you can continue East to Mo 13 and cut South back down into Arkansas or double back on 76 to Mo 39 to head South. I usually run longer routes so I continue East over to US 160 on the East side of Branson, pick up Mo Hwy H and run that North up to Mo 125. Hwy H is paved and a LOT of fun. I run 125 South to the ferry and cross back into Arkansas, then run Ar 14 and other back roads back West to Eureka Springs.

I actually prefer to stay over in Mountain Home. The roads are just as good, if not better, and there is usually less traffic. You can do several great loops up into Southern Missouri and also several in Arkansas. The area South of I-44 between Springfield and Rolla at Hwy 8 is loaded with great roads.

Also, when in Missouri, there are a lot of lettered county roads. They might also be labeled as highways, like Hwy F and Hwy H. These are smaller than your typical two lane, striped and shouldered highways, but the pavement is usually very good and they are often quite scenic and twisty. On rare occasions, you might encounter very short stretches of gravel/dirt, but that is atypical and usually easy to get through.

Of course if you REALLY want to start finding the gems... get a dual sport :-P

Going back on the 13th with the XX group for a week, and staying at the Travelers Inn behind the Pizza Hut. Nice spot for the bikes and hanging out around the fire at night. Rooms just OK. :rider:

we have been staying at the Eldeweiss inn for several years now. great people and The owners are bike riders. He also has some personal maps he gives out if you ask.
Michael

Back