• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Europe Second Visit

Shoot me a note if you are coming down to the hill country to ride and drink beer! Although the forum says Plano, I actually live in Fredericksburg, am retired, and have an FJR that doesn’t get ridden enough. I should figure out how to update that...

Although the forum says Plano, I actually live in Fredericksburg, am retired, and have an FJR that doesn’t get ridden enough. I should figure out how to update that...

User CP --> Edit Your Details (At top left of column of options)

Shoot me a note if you are coming down to the hill country to ride and drink beer! Although the forum says Plano, I actually live in Fredericksburg, am retired, and have an FJR that doesn’t get ridden enough. I should figure out how to update that...

I will probably post something up on here. I love those FJR's.

Those train carriages are surprisingly wide. How long does the crossing take? Was it 20 euros like it said on the side of the train? Thanks all good stuff. I saw your menacing European leaves , it looked dry however :mrgreen:

Those train carriages are surprisingly wide. How long does the crossing take? Was it 20 euros like it said on the side of the train? Thanks all good stuff. I saw your menacing European leaves , it looked dry however :mrgreen:

It takes about 35 minutes to cross, but it doesn't feel that long. I was just getting settled in after taking the pictures when we began to slow down. I am not sure what that says on the side of the train, the name is "EuroTunnel" but it cost me about 50 euros for me and my bike. I guess that could be the cost of a walk-on or bicycle.

I assume the train was smooth, no securing your bike down?

It was smooth .. umm er! There was some jostling around. The tracks weren't completely smooth. Sort of like a light swell on a ferry. Chuck had heard that a rider should stand on the non-kickstand side of the bike when the train comes to a stop, because on occasion the engineer will stop the train suddenly. But that didn't happen to me. The train has windows, you can see one behind my bike. The view during the crossing was absolutely fabulous ... NOT! LOL

My favorite picture of both European rides so far. Notice the road gator coming up to take a chunk of the bike. LOL

Somewhere in Luxembourg:

[dead image link removed - Admin]

Joe, the link for your favorite image was not working so I pulled it. If you want it to show up in the header image rotation, you need to find a new link for it.

Joe, the link for your favorite image was not working so I pulled it. If you want it to show up in the header image rotation, you need to find a new link for it.

Scott, thanks for mentioning that the link had broken, although I don't know why it did. I have reapplied the image link.

Back