• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

EXTREME Thursday?

Reaction score
Thinking about riding EXTREME Thursday. Late start to let it warm up & dry up a bit. I'm about 50 / 50 at this point. Needing the sun to show itself ASAP.
I only got about 3/4" rain yesterday, but it was an all day & into the night soaker. I may be going that way tomorrow & can get a pretty good look as I cross San Jacinto river on new 90. If anybody is interested chime in. If this don't work out - forcast for next Tuesday looks good. But I have Jury duty Friday & that could tie me up early next week.

I didn't make it on Thursday but called Friday (last) & they said bikes welcome. My son met me out there for an awesome afternoon ride. We both were on low mile recently bought CRF250L's. (his13, mine 16). I did some basic mods to both bikes. Kenda K762 F&R. 13-45 gearing with DID MX style chain, TST - LED taillight. Pro Taper grips & bar pad. This time of the year is usually some of the best riding out there as far as the dirt goes. But the variety of dirt & conditions for me is what really makes this place so fun. Wanting to go again next week as it warms & dries up a bit. If anyone wants to meet up, chime in. I think the weather forecast is looking cool but dry for the most part. I am retired but generally work 1 day a week (Wednesday) inspecting houses.

My son & I are planning a Friday afternoon ride @ XTEREME in Crosby. Relaxed pace if anyone wants to join us.

My son is planning a duck out early from work deal, so he will likely be there by 2. I would like to get there around noon I guess. How does that sound?
I think it's 500 acres, so never real far from the vehicle.

Thank you for the invite … I think I can make and will post up tomorrow either way. I will be on my Honda too.

Awesome, it will be great if you can make it.
I will talk to my son tomorrow evening, & plan on the noonish timeframe for now. I will call Xtreme tomorrow just to confirm Friday is OK & post that info. We rode last Friday & there was hardly a sole out there. $20.

I will be there tomorrow Feb 11. 12:45 +/- white van. I look forward to it. Wife - weather and boss all say get out and get dirty 👏

Same here Noon - one tomorrow.
Red Nissan compact SUV - pulling utility trailer. 2 CRF250L's.
2ate1 620 9175. Bryan

I don't use a cell ph normally so just in case I am not there by 1pm at the latest, do not waste ride time waiting on me.

Got the L's loaded up & ready to roll out 11ish, grabbing a quick lunch on the way. Hope everyone is still good to go, looking forward to seeing you guys.
My son won't be there till around 2 (work stuff). There are 3 main trails that lead in & out of the large parking area so we are never far from base,

Well,. how did it go? I am working on a diagnosis/fix to my suv I can't get gas in that made me miss the ride. Good enough to do another get together in the future?

Awesome day for sure. Sandman, rolled in around 1 & as we were getting ready to head out for a ride another fellow (David) on a nice KLX300 stopped by & joined in. We made a loop & went back to the parking area to meet my son, Kyle & made it a 4some. Late in the afternoon a young man (Ralph) seeming a little lost on a new looking CR250F hooked up with us out on the trail. There was a little more water in some areas that limited access but we found plenty of dirt to play in. No helmet cams but I did take a couple of short videos with my phone I will try to post later. My son & I are already talking about the next time.

Had a blast…. Watching Brian’s son ride was the highlight of the day.

Tried to post video but not able to. Says file too large. Only one & a half minutes. Only took 1 pic. David

Attachments

• 0211221535a.jpg
    0211221535a.jpg
    556.7 KB · Views: 109
A couple of more pics, I was able to get from screenshots off the video.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220215-070928.png
    Screenshot_20220215-070928.png
    382 KB · Views: 121
  • Screenshot_20220215-074706.png
    Screenshot_20220215-074706.png
    441.2 KB · Views: 123
  • Screenshot_20220215-071038.png
    Screenshot_20220215-071038.png
    546.9 KB · Views: 121
  • Screenshot_20220215-071043.png
    Screenshot_20220215-071043.png
    497.1 KB · Views: 113
I can’t believe it has been almost a year since I got to ride with Bryan, David on the Klx and Bryan’s pro son on the CRF250L….. very impressive rider …. Me on my Honda 150. Great place if you are nearby to ride trails and sand.

Back