• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

EAST TX: F/S 2009 Kawasaki KLR650 $3900

Reaction score
First Name
Dutch
Posting this for a friend. He’s the third owner of this very well- sorted KLR that he found in San Angelo. After 2k miles he’s decided that he much prefers riding his FJR so up for sale it goes. The bike is ultimately too clean to be a KLR but does have a scratched tank logo and some paint missing off of one of the bags. Front rim has a ding from road debris. Tires/tubes are new(ish) Kenda. I cleaned and changed all fluids when he purchased it. Doo-Hickey replaced and I believe it has the Thermo-bob mod. The bike starts without choke warm or cold weather. I rode it around OK for half a day and it’s fantastic. I’ll try to answer any other questions or get more pics if needed. PM me for the owners name and number.
Mileage: 6800 and counting
Price: $3900 (Cash Only)

Here are the highlights. (I’m not a KLR expert, so I may not mention everything or mis-identify the brand)
  • Doo-Hickey
  • Thermo-Bob/Temp Gauge(watt-man.com)
  • Happy Trail hard cases, skid plate, centerstand, nerf bars, kickstand plate
  • Wolfman tank bag, tail pack
  • Sargent seat
  • Throttlemeister cruise control/bar ends
  • Zero Gravity dark windscreen
  • National Cycle V Stream clear windscreen
  • Pivot Pegs
  • Highway pegs
  • Rear luggage rack(Factory)
  • Fork Brace
  • Ram Mount on handlebars
  • PVC Tool tube

Last edited:
I don't think I have have seen a KLR that is that color scheme.... good looking bike.

Nice KLR and I'm currently looking for one but it's over my budgeted amount. I will keep an eye on it though.

Nice KLR and I'm currently looking for one but it's over my budgeted amount. I will keep an eye on it though.

I'm not really a fan of KLR's but I'd be happy with this one. Waaaay more comfortable than my XR. I'll gladly pm you my friend's phone number if you want to haggle with him.

Back