• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Fall Colors Tour of Ark. & Mo. Oct. 14-17th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Scott can remember I am on this tour long enough to give me a map this time.this is a tour not a rally.I expect to be pampered accordingly!Stop all this talk about sheep.I am from the country and it makes me miss my first girlfriend.

Where are you at mnapuran? I was following you when I got lost.Step up and take the heat.

Send the routes and text. I still use my old Garmin GPS III. If the route won't load I’ll just put it in Mapsource manually.

Tourmeister said:
Here is the new list.

Buzz "Hcope1" if the weather is perfect - not Paid
STrider - Paid
CV_rider - Paid
VFRHugh - Paid
Leeroy - Paid
Mhutch - Paid
Soloman - Paid

Anyone want Garmin GPS files for the routes? I'll print out text descriptions of the routes and maps.

Keith, you must focus on not losing the guy in front of you :-P

leeroy said:
Where are you at mnapuran? I was following you when I got lost.Step up and take the heat.

Huh? Me? How did I get pulled into this? Did I miss something? :shrug:

Okay, some last minute stuff:

:tab While I am sure the weather will be perfect since Buzz has decided to come, there is always the possiblity of it getting cold and/or wet.

:tab You will also want a clear visor. Given the shortness of the days now, there is always a good chance we will be caught out after dark or near dark on the tail end of the days' riding. Doing twisties in the dark while watching for deer and wearing a tinted visor is not a good idea ;-)

:tab For those of you coming up to my place on Thursday, don't eat before you get here. We'll go out and grab dinner after we get the bikes loaded. We don't want everyone bending over and grunting on full stomachs... :-|

:tab I fI think of anything else, I'll post it up here.

That's what I'm talking about!!
arkansas.jpg

Another thing:

Many of the gas stations in Arkansas and Missouri DO NOT take credit cards, so you will want to carry some cash just in case. Even those that do take cards, most don't have pay at the pump :roll:

Tourmeister said:
Many of the gas stations in Arkansas and Missouri DO NOT take credit cards,
But they DO still take the beaver pelts in trade, right? :-P

Tourmeister said:
Okay, some last minute stuff:

Whoa there! I didn't see anything about cold and wet. And what's this riding after dark stuff? :shame:

hcope1 said:
And what's this riding after dark stuff? :shame:

Well since you missed our Tuesday day and night ride in NC, we'll have to make up for it here. We didn't get back to Franklin until around 10. Taking 28 S from Highlands to Franklin the dark sure was fun.

Well... if you don't lag too far behind, we should make it back before dark :nana

Well, so I had thread in the story telling section with all my pictures, and I split out all the after trip posts made after we got back, then I merged them to make one new thread for all the reports... and then some how I !@#$% deleted the report thread with everyone's comments :headbang: Sorry. Now I have to repost all those pics :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back