• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Fall Colors Tour of Ark. & Mo. Oct. 14-17th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
Howdy,

:tab I will be running a tour of North central Arkansas and South central Missouri in mid October. We will be basing out of Mountain Home for the weekend. We will be riding in the Mark Twain National Forest, Push Mountain Rd., and a ton of just incredible little twisty country roads. At this time of the year, the fall colors are incredible and the temperatures wonderfully cool.

For all the details and registration...
Fall Colors Tour

Because this is a tour, there is a 10 person limit. The fee includes the hotel.

THE DEADLINE TO PAY AND REGISTER IS SEPT. 14TH!!

:tab As usual, if there are any questions, please post them here.

And now... a few teasers to get your drooling... ;-)

DSC00959.JPG

DSC00960.JPG

DSC00970.JPG

DSC00978.JPG

DSC00981.JPG

DSC02663.JPG

DSC02675.JPG

DSC02682.JPG

DSC02719.JPG

I'm in!!

Paypal said:
Your purchase from Backroad Motorcycle Tours is complete

Woo-hoo!! I'm in!! TM, what is the status of room on the trailer, if it's going?

If it's not going or if the available slots are spoken for, I will have room (& be looking) for 1 person, their bike, & gear to split fuel costs on the way up & back.

:tab Right now, I am the only one going up with the trailer.

I'm a bit confused... $230 for single occupancy, and $280 for double? So for two people to register and get the hotel, it's $280 total?

:tab The $280 assumes both people will be riding. If your wife comes and does not go riding with us, then it is the $230. If you split a room with another rider, the two of you split the $280 cost. I charge per rider/passenger, so the tour "fee" portion stays the same whether you share a room or not. The hotel percentage stays the same. I don't make anything off the hotel part. The cost is basically the same as the rallies but with the hotel tacked on and I do all the reservations.

Be sure to include AR 23 between Waldron and Eureka Springs... Yesss... #1 good riding road....

JR
(aka The Ancient Curmudgeon)

Sorry Albie ;-) Street only.

Grumpy, we did 23 several times this last weekend when we were up there for the Eureka Springs rally. It is a great road! This trip we will be farther East in Mountain Home and won't be getting that far back to the West.

I'm gonna see if I can make this one.... limited to 10 though :-(

If I go, I'd get back on my kids b-day... so we'll see.

Scott,

I'd like to sign up / register for this tour. I see from your post and tour site that the group is limited to 10. However, I don't see anything indicating how many or whom has registered to participate. Are any spaces still available? If yes, how many?

Are any of those currently registered riding or trailiering up from Dallas?

:tab So far, I have ONE person that has actually paid. There are two more that say they are going and I have no reason to doubt them. So there are still seven slots available. I REALLY do need to know by Sept 14th as this is when I have to cancel outstanding hotel rooms. If I beg and plead, I might get another week from them, but with groups they usually hold to the 30 days.

I'm in! My wife is going with me as a non rider. If anyone else's spouse goes along they will have someone to go shoping with.

Okay so two paid ;-) We still need four more!

Okay, we now have 5 people. Hugh, is your friend coming? That would be all we need.

Attending:
STrider
CV_rider & wife
VFRHugh
Mhutch

Scott,

Unless you know something that I don't, my wife isn't coming on this trip. Perhaps you confused me with VFRHugh.

There must be at least one more that want's to go. Have they not seen those pics at the beginning of this thread?

I'm willing to split a room / cost with somebody as I registered for a single occupancy.

Scott,
My buddy is still out of town so I haven't talked to him directly yet. It doesn't lood good though as he will be ariving in Houston the Thursday before the ride from Singapore. He will be in town for a couple of weeks starting this Saturday so I'll see if I can talk him into loading up before his next trip.
Hugh

:tab Chuck, my bad, for some reason I had it in my head that you registered for both of you. So...

:tab We have four people paid and going... I will call the hotel tomorrow and see if they will let me extend the deadline a week or so. I really want to make this trip as it is an awesome time to be riding in that area, cool weather and the trees are beautiful.

:tab Okay, we still have some time. I spoke with the hotel and they have agreed to let me go another two weeks before I have to release the unused rooms. So if anyone is interested, please let us know. We need two more people. Also, anyone from the Houston area that is going that may be interested in trailering up, please let me know. I still have a few spots left on my trailer and in the truck.

So, us procrastinators might still have a little time to decide? :rolleyes:

Okay, so time is now running out. Do we have any more last minute takers?

Wish I could go, but I've got a prior engagement that weekend. I love that area. I don't know if it's on the list of roads to ride or not, but Hwy 76 in southern MO that runs between Hwy 13 and 112 is a really nice stretch of road. The section from Cape Fair on to the west was just paved last year sometime, I think. Lots of curves with 30 - 40 mph ratings and fun little elevation changes. I absolutely loved it when I rode it in June of '04 when I was up that way for the ST.N National meet. :bigokay:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back