• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Fall Colors Tour of Ark. & Mo. Oct. 14-17th

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to verify some details since it might be a tight schedule on Friday night to link up but Susan and I would like to go.

I'll send you a PM.

Oh well, looks like we got the wrong impression about this ride. We'll wait for another time. Ya'll have fun.

Last edited:
Scott

I booked a room. Now I'll be tracking the weather. She took my credit card for one of your rooms. Let me know if that's not OK. She also said I could cancel up to the 14th.

Last edited:
Updated List:

Buzz "Hcope1" if the weather is perfect :roll: - not Paid
STrider - Paid
CV_rider - Paid
VFRHugh - Paid
Mhutch - Paid
Soloman - Payment pending

So things are kind of hinging on our fairweather rider :-P

This reminds me, bring good wet and cold weather gear. In years past it has been absolutely beautiful and also wet and cold. You just never know this time of year. Either way, it is a blast.

Scott, payment and paperwork sent today for both this one and the hill country ride. Hopefully I'll be able to use my heated jacket again, I thought once I left Michigan I wouldn't use it again. My mesh jacket and gerbring should take down into 40's, while my joe rocket, gerbring, and a long underwear shirt have taken me down into the mid 20's.

Hmmm... I seem to have this recurring issue with forgetting about you :scratch :nana

Okay, so now that Leeroy has jarred my pathetic memory...

Here is the new list.

Buzz "Hcope1" if the weather is perfect - not Paid
STrider - Paid
CV_rider - Paid
VFRHugh - Paid
Leeroy - Payment pending
Mhutch - Paid
Soloman - Payment pending

So that gives us the six we need even if Buzz wusses out on us because of the weather ;-)

Now remind me who I am splitting a room with and who is coming on the trailer with me besides Leeroy? :confused:

You guys will like the weather its getting nice never got out
of the 70's today and was 55 this morning

I have one space on my trailer if anyone needs it. I’m leaving Baytown after work Thursday the 13th and spending the night in Nacogdoches. My youngest is attending SFASU there. I could meet someone in either place. Looking at my route, I will also be going through Marshall sometime Friday morning.

Hugh

:tab Hugh and Chuck, when you get to the hotel and check in, just give them my name. They should not need a credit card or anything from you. We (Matt, Mike, Keith and myself) should be arriving around 5-6pm just in time for dinner.

uh...I'll be arriving sometime after dinner. Most likely I'll be leaving sometime between 2-3:00 and should be arriving sometime around 11:00. That should be just in time for a midnight snack.

Thanks Scott. I plan to arrive between 5p - 6p too. If you leave for dinner before I get there, leave me a note with where you decided to go and time. I'll meet up with you there if I arrive in time.

Yeah, we'll be eating at the Taco Cabana too ;-)

Scott,

It seems that the long range forecast says 71-74 degrees, sunny with a 10% chance of rain. While I'm still a little worried about that forecast for rain, I think I'm going to chance it. I still have to call and make sure the fall follage will be at it's peak, but assuming that will be the case, I plan to arrive in Mtn. Home around 1 PM. Can you tell me a short (100 -150 mile) loop from the hotel?

Do you want me to PayPal or just pay at the door?:confused:

Is 71 degrees too cold to ride??? My bones are getting more and more brittle ! I know. I'll sit on the bike in the garage with a couple of HUGE fans blowing on me and see it I can stand it.:bigokay:

Think of it as a 90% chance of perfect weather ;-)

I'll get back to you on the loop and payment method.

If you're worried about being cold, just ride the big toaster :-P

Here is the new list.

Buzz "Hcope1" if the weather is perfect - not Paid
STrider - Paid
CV_rider - Paid
VFRHugh - Paid
Leeroy - Paid
Mhutch - Paid
Soloman - Paid

Anyone want Garmin GPS files for the routes? I'll print out text descriptions of the routes and maps.

Keith, you must focus on not losing the guy in front of you :-P

I want Garmin GPS files. I want printed directions. I want maps. And I wouldn't mind a "Tour On Tape" that I could listen to while riding in the rear with Keith!:bigokay:

hcope1 said:
I want Garmin GPS files. I want printed directions. I want maps. And I wouldn't mind a "Tour On Tape" that I could listen to while riding in the rear with Keith!:bigokay:
How 'bout having some Vestal Virgins go before you, strumming their lyres and casting rose petals in your path? Sheesh! :rofl

Wow, I'd ride in the back to see that. Although I'm not sure how happy I'd be riding on a road covered in rose petals.

scratch said:
How 'bout having some Vestal Virgins go before you, strumming their lyres and casting rose petals in your path? Sheesh! :rofl

Paul,

EXCELLENT IDEA!!! They probably wouldn't slow down my riding that much either.:sleep:

Tourmeister said:
Keith, you must focus on not losing the guy in front of you :-P

That's right Keith, I wont be up there this time to gather up the lost sheep! :-P

Thermalser said:
That's right Keith, I wont be up there this time to gather up the lost sheep! :-P

- or fallen sheep. :oops: :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back