• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Fall Ride Eureka Springs October 19-23

One group meal planned, do you prefer a cookout at the hotel or group dinner at a restaurant?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Is anyone else camping up there? While I think I have a room, I'm also thinking about camping instead. What's the good camp ground up there?

I've camped at the Turpentine Creek Wildlife refuge just south of town. The first night the hairs on the back of your neck will be up everytime the lions sing, but it is nice the 2nd and 3rd night. When I was there, he was having and ADV rally, so I don't know what the normal rules are. There are nice restrooms with showers.

I've camped at the Turpentine Creek Wildlife refuge just south of town. The first night the hairs on the back of your neck will be up everytime the lions sing, but it is nice the 2nd and 3rd night. When I was there, he was having and ADV rally, so I don't know what the normal rules are. There are nice restrooms with showers.

I was just reading some posts on ADV about area riding. Seems that he mentioned he was the VP of that place and had an unpaved route from there to Oark.

The tiger refuge sounds interesting, but the camping spots are $65 a night. That might be splitable with multiple tents, not sure. I usually camp to save some money, so this isn’t looking so good.

The tiger refuge sounds interesting, but the camping spots are $65 a night. That might be splitable with multiple tents, not sure. I usually camp to save some money, so this isn’t looking so good.
I would split with you but too early for me to commit.

Looking through ADV's forum I found this route that is long, but has some sections around Eureka Springs could be snagged from the .gpx file.

This link has downloads for useful Ozarks waypoints (gas, food, POI, hospitals) and a .zip file with gpx tracks from 2013-2017 Arkansas 500 DS events

This thread is chock full of DS tracks in NW AR.

Oark is always good but the War Eagle Mill south of ES is another great spot to ck out. Great food and history. We never miss it on any trip up there.

This is why I'm coming for a week. Too many great roads, people, and restaurants to cover in just a weekend.

OK, with the growing numbers who are planning to come but staying/camping somewhere other than the Bavarian Inn, I need to try to get a semi-accurate headcount for Thursday dinner. Please let me know if you're planning on coming to the group dinner at the Eureka Springs Brewery on Thursday evening by clicking on the RSVP feature at the top of this thread. THANKS!

If you're on the fence about the brewery/beer garden, they do have a full menu and there are non-alcoholic beverage options available. And Mrs Pacman is pulling shuttle duty for us. If your campsite isn't too far out it shouldn't be a problem to pick you up so you don't have to ride/drive.

If you're on the fence about the brewery/beer garden, they do have a full menu and there are non-alcoholic beverage options available. And Mrs Pacman is pulling shuttle duty for us. If your campsite isn't too far out it shouldn't be a problem to pick you up so you don't have to ride/drive.

I'm not on the fence about the brewery, I'll eat there at least once. I am on the fence on when I'm leaving. Need to be back by 3:00 on Friday. So I might be taking off on Thursday.

DahVeed - are you bringing the drone like last time?

SEYA,

RB

DaVeed.jpg

Transportation/Trailering

As I mentioned previously I will be toting my bike to ES on a trailer. This year I'm looking to rent a trailer that can haul a couple of bikes and a Miata (Ms Pacman wants to play on the twisties too). Not sure if such a thing exists for rental but let me know if you know of something. If I can't find that I'll just rent a uhaul 6x12 and Ms Pacman will drive the Miata. Either way I should be able to haul another bike. Let me know if you're looking for a trailer spot.

This is the trailer parking area. We had 2 trailers parked under the trees last year. That field will hold several more comfortably.

1597009552760.png

I have the event penciled in the scootering calendar, pending no significant COVID trajectory shock.

One place to shoot excellent drone video is Highway 123 right before Mt. Judea. That road has a series of switchbacks that during sunset with everyone riding lights going up that road would generate excellent footage.

The fall leaves should make for an outstanding background.

Back