• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Famous Barn?

Tracker

post tenebras lux
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Critique appreciated

1222305288_vns6x-L.jpg

Man I just love these old barns. You nailed the sky exposure on this one! Well Done. This is a well executed photo, sharp, nice colors and contrast. But there is just something about it that is making me pause for a bit. I think it is the juvenile tree in the center of the frame and the branches coming from image right.

I like the old barns too....

However, I think it's a bit flat re: colors. If the sun were higher, or a different angle just before sunset, I think the color differentiation might be more pronounced.

Comp is good and as mentioned, the juvie tree could be a nit. But I sort of think of it as the old and new, life goes on sort of thing. Would the full silo have made a positive difference in the crop if available?

I sort of like the muted look the colors and saturation have in this image. But you know what... It looks VERY DIFFERENT when viewed on a neutral grey back ground vs. the TWT light blue one.

Gary, Can I play with it a little?

I sort of like the muted look the colors and saturation have in this image. But you know what... It looks VERY DIFFERENT when viewed on a neutral grey back ground vs. the TWT light blue one.

Gary, Can I play with it a little?

sure. tweak away!

Supposedly, it's the barn used in Days of Thunder...
Part of the challenge was composing the shot so the apartments a 1/4 mile away and the other crappy modern buildings around it didn't show up in the pic. 25 yds behind me was an Auto Zone.
And PPing the contrail out. If I had ninja PP skills, I'd take the scraggly tree branches and foreground tree out, but I don't have that level of patience or skill. :doh:

A couple other shots.

1222307231_cGXtZ-L.jpg

1222304241_ZhJDS-L.jpg

Last edited:
I prefer the re-do over the original. Duke - you do nice work. Not overly 'fake' via HDR manipulation, but still grounded in reality that has some zip to it.

All done in light room. A touch of global exposure / brightness & vibrance adjustments. Just the gradient filter, to bring down the exposure on the sky a little. The brush tool to bring up the exposure on the barn a little and selective manipulation in the HSL panel.

Back