• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Favorite Earbud Songs for Riding

I turn on pandora as long as i have cell signal and jam out to random music. I listen to almost everything country being my least favorite.

Some good electronic or rock music in the twisties is pretty sweet.

My iPhone is probably confused by all the different genres of music I have on there.

Sent from my iPhone

My favorite song on my MP3 player is "The Final Countdown". I play it as I'm donning my fear.

When they make a movie of my life, I want "Wanted" for the opening credits, but for my pre-action montage, I want The Final Countdown playing with close-ups of me buckling things with lightning flashing in the background.

My road music is a lot different than what I usually listen to. I find that I keep a lot of "trucker" music on my MP3 player that I use for bike trips.

A couple other classics are "Turn the Page" by Seger and "Wanted Dead or Alive" by Bon Jovi. No motorcycle or car trip are complete without these two songs....

My favorite song on my MP3 player is "The Final Countdown". I play it as I'm donning my fear.

When they make a movie of my life, I want "Wanted" for the opening credits, but for my pre-action montage, I want The Final Countdown playing with close-ups of me buckling things with lightning flashing in the background.

My road music is a lot different than what I usually listen to. I find that I keep a lot of "trucker" music on my MP3 player that I use for bike trips.

The movie of my life will be 4 hours long.

1 hour of Jerry Springer
1 hour of Dr. Phil
1 hour of Oprah
1 hour of The Three Stooges just to lighten things up before the end credits.

Folks will laugh (at me) and cry (for me) and then they'll all appreciate their own lives. :clap:

When circumnavigating the Loop 410 in Houston at a brisk clip I've always been partial to Blue Oyster Cult's

Don't Fear the Reaper . . . :rider:

just sayin'

Last edited:
Anything by All That Remains or Lamb Of God. Other various metal groups and songs as well. In the morning on my way to work I like to listen to Opie and Anthony.

Two I've discovered recently via Pandora:

Time to Move On - Tom Petty : Great song to start your trip with.

If You're Going Through 'Heck' - Rodney Atkins : When you are cold/hot, wet, tired, the bike is running funny, and you're nervous about the road you're on.

One long time favorite:

Long Long Journey - Enya : For the last leg home. (Warning: Not recommended for those insecure in their masculinity.)

It's interesting that you mentioned those last two songs, because my initial riding playlist has the first of the two, as well as a different song, by Enya on it. I don't know if you have Spotify, but even if you don't, you still might be able to listen to it on YouTube Music. Also, I regularly listen to Enya.

Hmm… Reviving a 10 year old thread. Okay I’ll play. For me, my play list depends on which bike I decide to ride. For instance, my BMW playlist would be something like the Carpenters or ABBA. Where as my KTM playlist would include AC-DC the Foo-Fighters or Linkin Park…

I make playlists a couple time a year for riding.Some of the same songs reappear each time. Current top 10 on that list is....

Red Hot Chili Peppers Under the Bridge
Guns and Roses Rocket Queen
Guns and Roses Used to Love Her
Collective Soul Shine
Staind Its Been Awhile
Monster Magnet Space Lord
Black Crowes She Talks to Angeles
Grateful Dead Touch of Gray
Social Distortion I Was Wrong
Steve Earle Goodbye's All We've Got

What’s a playlist? :shrug:
I would figure that you're joking, but in the case that you aren't, I'll help you out. There are people that haven't kept up with newer things. Look at my comment, above, and click one of the links labeled "The Rider's Soundtrack", and you'll see what a playlist is.

I would figure that you're joking, but in the case that you aren't, I'll help you out. There are people that haven't kept up with newer things. Look at my comment, above, and click one of the links labeled "The Rider's Soundtrack", and you'll see what a playlist is.
Mostly joking. I understand in theory only what a playlist is. Most of the people around me have some form of music on digital format. I just really never have been into music so I never learned how to manage it in this format. I rarely listen to music. Last week I drove to northern New Mexico and back and never turned on a radio or any device that plays music. I know i am in the minority when it comes to this for sure. I don't mind if someone else has music on I just don't seek it out in general.

Mostly joking. I understand in theory only what a playlist is. Most of the people around me have some form of music on digital format. I just really never have been into music so I never learned how to manage it in this format. I rarely listen to music. Last week I drove to northern New Mexico and back and never turned on a radio or any device that plays music. I know i am in the minority when it comes to this for sure. I don't mind if someone else has music on I just don't seek it out in general.
Screenshot_20210724-144514.png

Ha, ha
My dad is like that. I listen to music a lot, not quite as much some, but maybe more than a lot of others. Sometimes, I don't, when I usually might; I don't listen to it for the sake of listening to something. I have been thinking of listening to podcasts (in addition to music), while riding. I rarely listen to them, already, but I might listen to more, even outside of riding. You might like that, at least. There are so many different types (News, educational, politics, history, health, business and technology, et cetera). I might learn something new, on a ride.

Back